Mystery Treasure in USPS Mail!

TheCoilist

Elite Member
This came in on Saturday. The USPS delivered a package and all the shipping label said was J.E.A. San Antonio

It had my name and address on the receiving end and is a NICE gift!

Anyone seen anything like this? I posted it here because it relates to gold, so maybe some prospectors have seen one like this before. No identifying markings found on it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORhKBpd-yCM

Somebody else here got a mystery gold pan in the mail with no info.. Minus the kick ass scale and gold. Thats pretty cool. Wonder who dun it

Yeah, I have never shipped anything, nor do I know anyone in San Antonio. And I can't really figure out what the initials stand for. No physical address on the box. It's pretty neat for sure!

I definitely want to put it in the display case to show off.

Wasn't that you a while back talking about buying the pay dirt? Could it be from one of those places?

Never bought or sold any to a fellow Texan, definitely not in San Antonio. I did go through my ebay and forum sales and couldn't find any address in San Antonio.

Still searching! Checked my YouTube account also, but I don't have my address listed. Pretty crazy! :shock:

the small rounds are also weights. I was able to read 500, 200, 100, 50 and I thought I saw a 10? Should go down to a 5. If I'm correct, they are grams and would help you to weigh to the right of the decimal point.

ex. = 0.500g

I'd break out a digital scale and make sure though.

Cool, good to know. I will check on them, but I probably won't use the scale except for display purposes. I have a pretty accurate digi-scale that measures grains, carats, grams, etc. That's what I use most often. But it is a gold scale, and those little hammered coin looking calibration weights do look and feel like gold. Soft enough to bend.

I need to test them but I think my acids are old.

Weird how you got it:shock: Saw a scale somewhere? Antiques roadshow maybe? It came with real gold nuggets for accuracy. No telling how much the scale costed back in the day. I'd venture to say those round discs are real gold:D

I am going to take some high quality pictures of it later this evening if I have time. Got a new machine sitting at home waiting to get opened up too....

very very strange. nothing else in the box at all note/letter etc? at least it was not just a scale with a feather on one side.

Thanks!! I googled but nothing showed up. How did you search for that?

If you see this... I'm on the run (mobile device).

Looks like your scale was part their previous auction that sold for $55 -

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDet...5&lid=20113574&title=Vintage-brass-gold-scale

CT63-4.jpg

CT63-4A.JPG

Last edited:
I almost wonder if they sent it to your address by mistake. Maybe someone won the auction and the transposed a couple numbers in the address.

So it looks like Proxybid screwed up and sent you something that was ordered by someone close to your username - if a company send you something through the mail that you did not order you have the right to keep it.

You can write to them and offer them a time frame to pay for shipping, but there's no absolute legal obligation to do so.

At least so sayeth the FTC:

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0181-unordered-merchandise

Think of it as an early (or late) birthday present!

I contacted JEA to make sure I wasn't a victim of some sort of ID theft. I don't have an account with their site and definetly don't use this username for anything outside of eBay or forums. Don't even use it on YouTube.

I checked to see if they could give me information on who sent it, because my brothers name starts with a "C" also, so does my REAL name. I asked about the C****T thing mentioned above which is how we got on this conversation. Apparently, the letters can be random letters or numbers and don't relate to the username or real name. Haha and then I realized that there is an * missing anyway. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't some sort of ID theft victim. Checked my debit card also, no charges.

But they did tell me that this was sent as a "gift" which was why they have my information and there was no invoice in the box. The auction house apparently sells items online and they can take bids via phone and internet or live person throughout the auction. This was apparently a remote order and they can't supply me with a username.

Now I am wondering if it was a Father's Day gift of some sort and no one bothered to mention it....

At this rate at least I have a little more description on the thing and it's 'value'. I was hoping it would be worth more! :D

Back
Top Bottom