Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Find a Hunting Buddy

Old 08-12-2017, 06:50 PM

Default MD MD Metal Detect Maryland

Looking for people to hunt and learn with. New to the hobby. Straight shooter fast learner and all around nice guy. I have a good lead on getting a perm to a large 200+ acre estate thats been in use (I think by the same family) since the rarly 1700s. Otherwise im still doing the local swimming beaches where I can. Bit nervous to hit a school, but there are some areas near my elementary school that ought to be ideal.

I do some house flipping as well, so from time to time I hope to sign myself a liability waiver and convince myself to grant myself permission to hunt my own yards of various ages, sizes and locations.

Send me a mesaage, lets get a hunt on.

Old 08-12-2017, 07:13 PM
OldCherryPicker

You should come to the Gun Powder beach Shoot out and meet new friends, I think that is September 5th, the day after labor day. Try and come early, they start lining up at 5am.. I maybe there around 6am if I can get out of bed. About 75% of the Northern bay area water hunters are there.

2017 .. Gold Rings 77...........Silvers 105

Old 08-12-2017, 08:22 PM

Great Idea, Ill look into that. Any links? Pref not FB. Thanks.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:02 PM
OldCherryPicker

No links more of a yearly gang hunt, the places is closed to hunting from may 30 to Sept 5, so could be some fine treasures found. I did not go last year but there were plenty of treasures found.

2017 .. Gold Rings 77...........Silvers 105

Old 08-12-2017, 09:43 PM
Elite Member

Post Were are

You at, friend of OBN's, i still land hunt, might be nice tomorrow, Earl AA Co here !

Excalibur Blue 1000, Excalibur Blue 800, Dual CTX3030's, Surf Pi DF, Sovereign GT, F -75 SE-Boost & DST , 1976 Coin Master ***** In The Past Detectors used -- Two- E-trac's , V3I, Omega 8000, 3- Euro Tek Pro's,2- F75 Standard, Cz70 Pro, Cz20 , Excalibur Sword built by Gary Storm, Two Excalibur 2's & my 1st - One Hot Blue Excalibur 10

Old 08-12-2017, 10:23 PM

Im John. Southerm AA co. Im up for hunting most anytime, I dont work regular hours. Was planning on hunting tomorrow, but not thrilled about location prospects.

Gun Powder Beach? Hammerman beach area? I'll pencil it in. 0430 9/5