Why can't we trade precious metals for other precious metals

needler420

Elite Member
Only for gear is dumb. What's the point in selling it then using the money to buy other peoples PMs.

I want to trade my finds and not having paypal account makes it hard to sell its easier for me to trade them.:(

Can you give me an example?

Why would anyone want to trade precious metals for precious metals?

Do you mean like trade different year coinage for your collection, or trade Indian Heads for silver?

Right now we're having a really hard time controlling all the ads for coinage. Members seem to want to part out their collections so we've had to limit each member to one thread. Originally Classified was meant only to sell equipment and finds.

Plus, we have complaints from members who are tired of browsing through all the coinage ads just to find equipment.

Personally, I think that all the coinage ads would do better in What's the Value, since that's where we talk about coin collecting, but I can't seem to get anyone to agree with me. :roll:

I know this didn't answer your question. But I need an example.

Can you give me an example?

Why would anyone want to trade precious metals for precious metals?

Do you mean like trade different year coinage for your collection, or trade Indian Heads for silver?

Right now we're having a really hard time controlling all the ads for coinage. Members seem to want to part out their collections so we've had to limit each member to one thread. Originally Classified was meant only to sell equipment and finds.

Plus, we have complaints from members who are tired of browsing through all the coinage ads just to find equipment.

Personally, I think that all the coinage ads would do better in What's the Value, since that's where we talk about coin collecting, but I can't seem to get anyone to agree with me. :roll:

I know this didn't answer your question. But I need an example.

Can't we have two sections then one for gear and one for coins.

I founds lots of foreign coins and one of them alone sells for $14 dollars on ebay so i want to see if i can trade my non silver finds for someones silver.

I'm not that much of a coin collector id rather have gold or silver.

My foreign cache various with a handful of different coins so some coin collector here would bite.

This is one coin and others i have that i want to trade for anything silver. 2 Francs

Leaving the main classifieds to equipment and making a subforum for coins & other allowed fs items might actually work better. Imho.

Voriax

Okay, since Rudy's gone for a couple weeks, we need to move quickly on this. :lol:

A subforum under Classifieds for Finds, Coins, and Precious metals is Vlad's current idea.

If we do this, can anyone think of ANYTHING that possibly go wrong???

What about scammers? How do we get members to KNOW who they're dealing with before making a trade/sale?

Okay, since Rudy's gone for a couple weeks, we need to move quickly on this. :lol:

A subforum under Classifieds for Finds, Coins, and Precious metals is Vlad's current idea.

What about scammers? How do we get members to KNOW who they're dealing with before making a trade/sale?

to trade be a member for 60 days or whatever and certain amount of posts.

It be no different then if someone now traded some gold or silver for gear.

You're just trading for coins instead of gear is all.

I agree with this 110%.

Classifieds
- Detectors and Accessories.
- Coins, Finds, Etc

Last edited:
I'm trying to think of an example of where a member would be confused as to where to post an ad for coins for sale/trade, but can't think of any.

And how do we control all the coin/PM dealers that will show up, with their WTB ads for gold and silver?

I think the reason we haven't done this before is because of an influx of scammers.

So, we may have to up the member length, and post count.

I think by the time a person is with us 2 months, and has at least 100 posts, we can pretty much tell what kind of person they are.

But it's not foolproof!

Well, as WTB ads for coins & jewelry are already allowed by any member and there hasn't been a huge amount of coin dealers it probably won't be a problem.
Although expanding the 25post/30 days requirement to all kinds of ads, not just FS/FT might be a good idea.

Voriax

agree

i would much rather buy coins from here than fee-bay, but i do think coins and metals do need to have their own place it has kinda been a pain sorting through
gear and all the post for coins and bullion etc.

Lets put a new logo up while he's gone and see if he notices?

logogi.png

Please implement this. Will make it easier to navigate the classified. I have some coins I want to sell but have hesitated because of not being sure if it was ok.

Lets put a new logo up while he's gone and see if he notices?

No, we can't do that, he'll think the site got hacked! :lol:

Bad enough, changing things while he's gone! Rudy's pretty much in charge of monitoring the Classifieds.

So, if you guys see anything that doesn't look right in there... report it!

In the meantime we need to set up some rules before we add it.

Then create it, and then move all the coin ads there.

So let's do the rules first!

Wait.

One thread per member, what if one member wants to sell coins and say a pinpointer?

One thread in the md section, one in coin section.

So it would have to be one thread per section right?

Who can post FS/WTB/WTT in this forum?

Any member who has a post count of 100 posts AND has been a member for 60 days can post a FS/WTB/WTT

What can members FS/WTB/WTT in this forum?

Members can sell/buy/trade their finds, coins, or precious metals in this forum. NOTHING ELSE!

Rules for Sellers/Traders

1. Items for sale, or for trade, should be your own personal property and be accurately described.
2. Do not put up for sale or trade items on behalf of a third person, or items that you are unable to vouch for, or make right in case the item does not perform as described.
3. Your for sale or trade post should be self contained, without references to another site where you may also have it for sale (sponsoring dealers are exempt).

Do not put links to eBay, or other forums where you may also have the same item for sale or trade.

4. For sale items should include the price. If you don't include a price, we may think it is an auction and your post may be deleted.

PLEASE KNOW WHO YOU ARE DEALING WITH!

Anything else?

what if one member wants to sell coins and say a pinpointer?

That's exactly an example I was looking for! Thank YOU!

Ads would have to be separated to different forums, I guess?

If we make a seperate coin forum, I don't think we would have to stick to the one thread idea.

The one thread idea was just to control all the coin threads and stop the complaints

Vlad says we can call the subforum Numismatic.

Numismatics is the study or collection of currency, including coins, tokens, paper money, and related objects.

That would include paper money.

A find is something you found with your metal detector

Back
Top Bottom