Never forget!

Cladius

Elite Member
Just a reminder that Monday is the five year anniversary of 911. Take a moment and remember. Cladius.

My dad said he would never forget where he was and what time it was when he heard JFK had been killed. I never understood that until the Challenger space shuttle blew up in January of 1986 and the twin towers fell in September of 2001. I can recall those times very well.

Cladius said:
Just a reminder that Monday is the five year anniversary of 911. Take a moment and remember. Cladius.
It still feels like it just happened, I cannot believe we have gone trhough 5 years already. I flew to England 2 weeks after 9/11 and it was the strangest feeling travelling through Europe with no tourists anywhere, no lines in front of the Eiffel Tower, people stopped and talked to us and said how badly they felt for all Americans and that their prayers were with us. I think that the country was closer, life was more precious and we extended ourselves to our neighbours for we had all lost a part of our innocence that we will never get back. There are so many emergency workers that are sick now as a result of the rescues and cleanup, they are starting to become very ill and more will lose their battle with all the toxins they inhaled. Keep them in your thoughts as well, we owe them that.

Thats the reason i became a firefighter and now have saved 2 people sense then. There is nothing more fulfilling than lending a helping hand!!!

tater said:
Thats the reason i became a firefighter and now have saved 2 people sense then. There is nothing more fulfilling than lending a helping hand!!!

My son is a firefighter/paramedic. He is the type to jump into everything going on. Tried to go to NY but they wouldn't let him go. Looking back is hard for him.

Diverman said:
My flag is fying today. Is yours???
Our flag is flying everyday! 22 years of military life, 2 sons who were Army and Marines, hubby was USAF and I was WRAF (Women's Royal Air Force) so we are proud of our countries and support the troops 100%. Any opinions on whether we should be there or not are kept out of the public view until our troops are home safe. My Husband was in Vietnam and I will always remember how he felt coming home. God Bless all our people in uniform!

spittfire said:
Diverman said:
Our flag is flying everyday! 22 years of military life, 2 sons who were Army and Marines, hubby was USAF and I was WRAF (Women's Royal Air Force) so we are proud of our countries and support the troops 100%. Any opinions on whether we should be there or not are kept out of the public view until our troops are home safe. My Husband was in Vietnam and I will always remember how he felt coming home. God Bless all our people in uniform!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!

Old Glory flys from the front of my house every day, and comes down every night.

I too have never and will never forget that day. I suppose that for my gereration, 9/11 was the same as JFK for our parents, and Pearl harbor was for our grandparents. As horrible as it was, I don't ever WANT to forget what it felt like to be attacked, and to see the sadness and fear in my wife's eyes, the worry on my children's faces, and the wave of patriotism and love for America and each other that resulted. I just hope that all the nasty politics that have become the war on terror has not caused us to forget what started it all. Hug your wife and children and tell them you love them every single day, and never, ever forget 9/11. God bless.

Back
Top Bottom