You never know what you may find.

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
I was out in my very junkie park where you will find 3 - 4 pop tops, pull tabs, foil pieces in literally every square foot around the picnic tables.

I took my Nox 800 with my 6-inch coil to hunt round an old flag pole near the picnic tables. I was hunting in park two which is ideal for this type of junk laden park.

Was hunting pretty much by tones in the 50 tone setting which is default for Park2. Got a pretty solid 26-27 and dug up what I thought was button because it was filled in with sandy dirt. Soon realized it was a shot penny.

Found a bullet about 1 foot away and it fits the hole, but won't pass through the hole. The bullet measures 9 mm across.

Maybe the guy threw up the bullet in the air and shot it. Doubt it that would have to be a terrific shot. More likely put the penny on the ground an shot it. Or in a tree on the balanced on a piece of bark and shot it.

Oh, now I get it. It was a detectorists who had just dug his 24th Zincloln and finally had enough so he shot the next penny he dug which happened to be the 1968 Denver I found.

But all and all it was a neat find for me.

Attachments

• shotpenny.jpg
    shotpenny.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 375
  • and bullet.jpg
    and bullet.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 322
  • bullet2.jpg
    bullet2.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Maybe the guy threw up the bullet in the air and shot it. Doubt it that would have to be a terrific shot. More likely put the penny on the ground an shot it. Or in a tree on the balanced on a piece of bark and shot it....

He sneaked up on it from behind.

use to do this as a kid, though with dimes as they were smaller and it seemed more impressive of a shot(gives you an age indicator to me lol). we just found a downed log and stuck it in the bark a bit an took like 20 paces back and commenced to see who was the better shot. also used to shoot the backs of shotguns and .22 shells with pellets. shotgun shells I remember being very hard to get to go off lol small target and you actually had to hit it pretty well with a pointed pellet to get it to go off.(gives you an idea of the type of area I grew up in lol)

I shot the base of a .38 against a tree with a .22 rifle. The .22 went through the primer hole, the shell went off and the case went over my shoulder. I dug the bullet out of the tree. The .38 bullet had mushroomed from behind with the .22 bullet wedged into it. I doubt if I could make that shot again.

I shot the base of a .38 against a tree with a .22 rifle. The .22 went through the primer hole, the shell went off and the case went over my shoulder. I dug the bullet out of the tree. The .38 bullet had mushroomed from behind with the .22 bullet wedged into it. I doubt if I could make that shot again.

Yikes!

Yea, reminds me of all the things my brother and I shot at. There were some good times.

As to the coin and bullet the OP found. This should be in the 'coin shooters' sub-forum. lol

Back
Top Bottom