Wanta see part of my family?? My babies

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
A good story here.
The cat with all the color in pic is named Lizzie (second from left). She brought these kittens out of my barn in mid August last summer. She had 4 kittens all shown in this pic. At that time the kittens had to be around 6 weeks old as they started eating hard food right away when’s I gave it to them.

The kittens are now around 7 months old. Eat loads. I fed them deer and squirrels and dry cat food.

I got attached to all the cats and hence have had all in pic to the vet for spay and neuter work but the biggest Tom cat in pic. He goes to vet in a couple weeks.

Momma cat is the one lwith the most color and looking at camera 2nd from left).
Her name is Lizzie.
The monster sized tom cat for his age is named Big Tom (back right).
The more black kitten not looking at the camera is named Felix.
Female cat third from left is named Tiny Bell.
Female cat far left is named Lulla Bell.
The 2 toms are bigger than their mom.
Love these things to death.
They like this box. I have made them 2 more houses to hide in from the cold and sleep in. When warm they like their box though. Pack in it like sardines all by themselves.
Liables to outgrow it. Big Tom like I said is a monster sized cat for his age. He is the wildest of the bunch as far as letting me catch him.
So I’m out $400 dollars for vet bills so far on my babies and will spend $65 more when big Tom gets to vet. Worth every penny to me.

Attachments

• C8C6360D-1F42-49DE-A52F-4493C7FC544A.jpg
    C8C6360D-1F42-49DE-A52F-4493C7FC544A.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:
I gotta say that I was never too fond of cats until my wife and daughter brought kittens one, then another home. That was a few years ago and they tend grow on you. I’ll risk my man card and say that’s a heathy group of feline -

Nice box of cats there! You are lucky they all get along well enough, i have two and one of them does not like the other at all, even after 8 years!

That's a good looking batch of cats, all fat & sassy! Being a professional cat herder myself, I can appreciate you getting them all in the box at one time for the picture. :grin:

One thing about having a herd of the critters, you won't have to worry about mice, pack rats, or other varmints in the house, barns, or elsewhere on your place!

When we moved in here at the farm there were all of the above all over the place, and now I only see them when one of the cats is finishing up a little rodent snack.

That's a good looking batch of cats, all fat & sassy! Being a professional cat herder myself, I can appreciate you getting them all in the box at one time for the picture. :grin:

One thing about having a herd of the critters, you won't have to worry about mice, pack rats, or other varmints in the house, barns, or elsewhere on your place!

When we moved in here at the farm there were all of the above all over the place, and now I only see them when one of the cats is finishing up a little rodent snack.

They got in the box as pictured all by themselves. They won’t let me handle them much, especially bigger Tom.

These critters.
Woke up one morning last week.
Had 5 dead minnows on porch.
Evidently some of them fished them out of stream nearby.
Bugs.
Ground squirrels.
Mice.
Birds.
They climb trees loads too, even the momma cat will go up with the kittens sometimes.
They stay busy even though I feed them 5 times a day. They eat loads and seem to eat more as colder weather approaches.
I saw them at first and said to myself I want to see all of them grow up together.
My jack Russell died some time back. Not ready for another dog. So the cat route it is.

Felix and Tiny Bell are my favorites. Felix face not pictured above. I may take a solo pic of him. He’s looks a bit unusual vs the brother and sisters. Felix’s pic below.

Attachments

• 11F12BB9-BF83-4874-9D5F-FA0B6097A01B.jpg
    11F12BB9-BF83-4874-9D5F-FA0B6097A01B.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 296
I had a large cat I named Ambush. he was a stray that used to lie on the top of my shed and grab my hat as I backed my motorcycle into it. I lived in the country and while hunting a coyote he ran past me chasing the coyote. The coyote ran away. He finally disappeared one day. Maybe he finally caught one.

Glad they have you tnsharpshooter,they’ll have a good life..I’m a bigtime animal lover myself,they’ll never turn on you like a human being will..,One of the best posts I’ve seen in awhile,even if it’s not about detecting.

Glad they have you tnsharpshooter,they’ll have a good life..I’m a bigtime animal lover myself,they’ll never turn on you like a human being will..,One of the best posts I’ve seen in awhile,even if it’s not about detecting.

I have seen your pics of your dogs Woody.
Yeah we are both animal lovers no doubt.
I think I may have said this before.
Imo, it’s here in this sub forum where one will get to know a person I think.

I may keep this thread rolling with future pics and videos of my cat family.
Just yesterday I was out horsing around a bit with Etrac near my home. I could have got some nice video as far as what my critters were doing. They love it when I hang around near the house. They act like the A-Team. Like each one is on a mission. Each kitten now really exhibiting their own personalities. Fun to watch them live and learn. Momma cat is quiet and she just watches most times. Every now and then she will get in the game with them and play and wrestle. They seem to be wrestling more serious now with each other at times. Guess it’s normal. I have never had a family of cats like this before just one or 2 and they not not usually related gene wise.

Yeah I fall for caligold cats too Ground sweeper. If I only had a male caligold cat, I would be in business. Lol
Don’t know the actual proper technical name of her breed. We always referedto them a caligolds.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cat_breeds

Nice kitties!
We have some homeless cats around my area but they are evidently being fed real good somewhere because they are never hungry when I try to feed 'em. They just come nosing around for a bit, then wander off somewhere else. :yes:

My babies are full and preparing for colder weather to move in.

Attachments

• D1DF0AAE-F496-4BC5-8A19-D4DE71AC0378.jpg
    D1DF0AAE-F496-4BC5-8A19-D4DE71AC0378.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 238
I like cats and dogs both but not enough to allow them to control my life. I like being able to walk in the house and ask my wife is she would like to Amish Country, Go to the Mountains or just go a hundred miles up the road for dinner. I could not do that if I had pets. There are a number of pretty cats living in my neighborhood and I have to keep them away from my bird feeder. I would pet your cats as long as they liked but just cant see owning one.

I like cats and dogs both but not enough to allow them to control my life. I like being able to walk in the house and ask my wife is she would like to Amish Country, Go to the Mountains or just go a hundred miles up the road for dinner. I could not do that if I had pets. There are a number of pretty cats living in my neighborhood and I have to keep them away from my bird feeder. I would pet your cats as long as they liked but just cant see owning one.

They don’t control my life George. Rather they make my life more enjoyable. Watching them grow up, interact with nature and each other., etc.

I enjoy my freedom without having to put animals in some one elses care or board the somewhere. If i take a notion to be in eastern TN in the morning I don't have to worry about any animals that might share my life so I leave that to others. I do like animals but just dont want them being in my care. Had dogs and cats both when i was growing up but moving around in the military i gave up on trying to keep them.

I’m not a slave to a dog either, and you’re right that they control your life. Cats not so much, they are more independent. I mean, carry a poop bag when your dog walks you? Come on :lol:

Back
Top Bottom