Long Live can slaw!!!!

Dan B.

Elite Member
One of the offices on my floor deals with environmental and recycling. While I was in that office the other day I noticed they are putting together a lesson on recycling. Teaching the importance of recycling and keeping our environment clean. I seen some very disturbing information. The life expectancy of a tin can is 100 to 200 years, and the life expectancy of aluminum cans is 200 years.

It looks like it's here for a life time and nothing we can do about it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Just something to talk about because my ground is still frozen. Hurry up and thaw.

The life expectancy of a tin can is 100 to 200 years, and the life expectancy of aluminum cans is 200 years..

That is the absolute minimum, been finding aluminum tokens probably 100 years old, still in perfect shape..

Attachments

• IMG_20150712_232134.jpg
    IMG_20150712_232134.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 340
Well we who detect are doing the environment a large favor by removing those tens of thousands of pull tabs that we dig every year.

Amen to that! Add to that the aluminum cans.

The three local beaches are all "No Alcohol allowed". Up to a $1050.00 fine. It is atrocious the amount of aluminum beer cans the slobs bury. The largest batch I ever found in one spot was 36. I was busy digging them when the beach patrol showed up to get them. Most of them thank me for removing the trash.

Now if it was up in Mud's area where they are worth a dime each they might have been worth more than what I found that day

The three local beaches are all "No Alcohol allowed". Up to a $1050.00 fine. It is atrocious the amount of aluminum beer cans the slobs bury. The largest batch I ever found in one spot was 36. I was busy digging them when the beach patrol showed up to get them. Most of them thank me for removing the trash.

Now if it was up in Mud's area where they are worth a dime each they might have been worth more than what I found that day

Same with my local parks but I think the fine is just 1,000. Dig them up nonstop. Cans here are only worth so much per pound. We don’t have the deposit. Makes me jealous lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom