Cleaned with Conklin Gel

Just buy a case of it like I did. This makes the shipping seem more "reasonable". It is good for other things besides coins.
I am tempted to run the Indian Head I found the other day through "the process".

Just buy a case of it like I did. This makes the shipping seem more "reasonable". It is good for other things besides coins.
I am tempted to run the Indian Head I found the other day through "the process".
I also bought a case and just sold the other bottles to my friends just $2 higher per bottle to cover shipping cost.

I'm not questioning your results, pennies look great!

From the conklin website the ingredients is 87.5% acid. Plain, cheap readily available vinegar would probably work just as good as it is 5% to 8% acetic acid.
I use about 50/50 vinegar(3% to 4% acid) and water with a dash or so of non iodized salt, and a drop of Tide HE (less foaming) detergent in my tumbler with my clad. I also try to separate my coins by quarters, dimes , nickles, copper pennies and zinc pennies before tumbling them. They turn out looking as good as a dug coin can, nice and shiny. Except the zincs which are usually beyond all hope but spendable in small quantities. Vinegar is also available for $2 gallon at most stores.

https://www.conklin.com/files/MSDS/002543.spec.pdf

Conklins still available?

I went to Conklins website and it appears they don't sell direct anymore?

Does anyone know where I can buy this online?

Real, give them a phone call. Customer service should be able to do something for you. Some chain of hardware stores might be supplied by them.

Back
Top Bottom