Getting caught up in headphones

vespaboy

Every time I set the MD down to check out a spot the cable from my earbuds yank out or get caught in my shovel handle.

How do you folks cope with this>>?

Wireless!!! Best decision I ever made! It won’t take you long to realize there’s gotta be a better way and there is! Just search the term and you can find out how to do it [emoji3][emoji2][emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cut a pair of earbuds one time. I'm just extra careful now. There's nothing you can do, unless you spend $ to go wireless, I guess.

I just went wireless with my Ace 400 last night. Entire set up cost under $70 list - I used some rewards points I had accumulated with Amazon and paid $35 out of pocket. The whole setup tested fine in my yard last night, and I'll be using it for the first time on a full hunt later today.

Here's the thread that got me motivated to try it: https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=240486

The thread was actually started by an Ace 250 user, which I see that you have in your signature line. The thread details both his setup and mine. Give it a shot - no need to spend big bucks on Z-link.

I also did not spend money on the garret z link. I have a similar thing going on and it works great. Wireless is the BEST.

Definitely go wireless!

Reminds me that I need to put my radio shack wireless setup on the marketplace... Hit me up if you decide to go that route. ;)

Wireless Deteknix are great for me! Have the stock headphones in the car just in case. Good for 5 hours so far.

This is why most people don't use ear buds. It's either the standard muffs, wireless, or nothing. I don't know of too many ways keep earbuds from popping out.

Every time I set the MD down to check out a spot the cable from my earbuds yank out or get caught in my shovel handle.

First off, make sure the cable is connected under your arm cuff. It shouldn't be going from your ear to the main housing. (route it under a clasp under the arm cuff)

Second, make sure the wire-side of your earphones is on the right side of your head (on the side you're holding the detector).

Third, make sure when you set your detector down, it's pointing off your hip. This keeps the wire going from the right earphone across your right shoulder.

If you follow the above three things, the cord should never drop in the way of your digging, when you kneel or set your detector at your hip.

Cheers,

Skippy

This is why most people don't use ear buds. It's either the standard muffs, wireless, or nothing. I don't know of too many ways keep earbuds from popping out.

I go with the variety that have small arms that go over the ear, a little like glasses. They also have a small, adjustable strap that goes across the back of your head to keep them snug. For me, this type works very well - they stay perfectly stable, never pop out, and are quite comfortable. I also wear them while working out at the gym where I'm moving around far more than when I'm detecting. I wear glasses, too, and the arms don't interfere with those at all:

Attachments

• nb10.jpg
    nb10.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 90
Back
Top Bottom