What is your Nemisis Object?

Beaver tails! I find them everywhere! I swear if I went to the moon to detect I would find some there.....lol

Dang!!! A perfect ID on my nemesis! :lol: I hate them Corona caps. Seems like they're everywhere. Sometimes I think that by now I should be able to tell the difference between Corona and Heinecken caps by the signal. Maybe if I got out more. Hmmm. :lol::lol::lol:

Same thing T-man hates. It’s the only thing the CTX has trouble discerning from coins. Really no other items are like that for me anyway.

Lead fishing weights, I'm a beach hunter so find A LOT of them. I had two 5 gallon buckets last year, could barely lift them off the ground. My wife suggested giving them to the fishermen to which I told her that I didn't really want to find them all over again this year!
Swapped the lot for a poke around a scrap dealers yard and ended up taking a rusty ole wagon wheel thing home, and before you ask, she wasn't pleased...

Corona caps are the worst! There's one park I hunt that's produced pre-1900 coins and later silver from one area, but it's got so many corona caps, recent and old, that I've taken to using a magnetic rake before I hunt with a new detector. As soon as the snow's off, I'll hunt the same spots with the the Equinox 800. I wonder if they sound the same?

20 Feb. 2018 curb strip junk.JPG

Had a handful of these guys the other day. Solid, clean tone and solid VDI. Too good to pass up....:laughing:

Swinging the E-trac in schoolyards, my nemesis item lately has been pencil tops. I'm getting better at discerning pulltabs from nickels... while the pencil top collection just keeps growing!

Lead fishing weights, I'm a beach hunter so find A LOT of them. I had two 5 gallon buckets last year, could barely lift them off the ground. My wife suggested giving them to the fishermen to which I told her that I didn't really want to find them all over again this year!
Swapped the lot for a poke around a scrap dealers yard and ended up taking a rusty ole wagon wheel thing home, and before you ask, she wasn't pleased...

I like the fishing weights. That's where we find the heavy gold. Last sinkers I found had a 15.8 gram gold ring with them:lol: I hate the small bullets because they fall out of your scoop in the water. You could leave them but it might be a gold chain you leave:shock:

What is it with all the Corona caps??? That stuff tastes like cat urine, not sure how anyone can even drink it. Even worse is putting lime or lemon or whatever the heck else they put in the stuff. May as well drink Zima (is that even made anymore??)

At this place i am hunting there are these little ball markers. They are about as big as a quarter around, made of plastic except for a little rusty bolt in the middle. Those things sometimes ring up like half dollars, sometimes silver dimes, sometimes clad quarters. They give a little of a broken signal but not enough to keep me from digging. I've dug oh so many.

While I dislike pull tabs, I at least know I'm digging pull tabs. My disliked item is the mid 60s foil. I've found a few good pieces, small silver, non PM jewelry, that ring in that range, so I dig them all. Too many of them end up being a crumpled up piece of foil.

BCD

Back
Top Bottom