Connecticut Metal Detecting

When do I need to show up? Take me about 10 hours to drive up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys!
Sorry for the lapse as I am new to this forum and how messages work here.
I have been using a new technology here that has been done by the NGIS to map terrain by stripping away all trees and houses. What this does is give a historical, 3d view of the land. Every stone wall and every cellar hole ever made is clearly visible. I have spent 4 weekends to test and it is 100%. Every site I saw on the Data site turned into a 100% verification of a cellar hole. This weekend is crazy but Lets get together and pound these sites! The ones I have explored so far with the MD were so Iron laden with metal roof material and nails, my ACE 400 was overwhelmed with separation issues. Whatever was here in these sites, simply caved in on themselves. I just ordered the Nokta Impact because of this. Thank you all for being interested and I hope we can find some good things this summer. It would be fun!
Ed

Just a warning here, The cellar holes are in the 100's count now that I have found so far that no man has seen in 100 years... Some/Most are a really good hike into deep woods.
Ed

As Soon as I am able, I will show you examples of the images I am getting. I will show the "GOOGLE EARTH" view, the "Arial Photo View" and the "Imaging" view of the same locations. This is amazing technology!
Ed

Here we go.
The first image is of a street map. Obviously these have no info. The second is of an Arial view just like "Google" earth. The last is of the mapping data of the same site. Every stone wall is visible and if you look at the "Pock" marks, These are verified cellars! This is only a minuscule shot of this area. I am currently scouring the entire state as we speak....

Attachments

• Road Map.jpg
    Road Map.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 1,708
  • Satellite view.jpg
    Satellite view.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,734
  • Mapped.jpg
    Mapped.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,845

Attachments

• AREA ZOOM 1.jpg
    AREA ZOOM 1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,841
  • AREA ZOOM 2.jpg
    AREA ZOOM 2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,777
What map program is that ?? its really cool.. I have no idea what I am looking at on most of it but cool none the less

Here we go.
The first image is of a street map. Obviously these have no info. The second is of an Arial view just like "Google" earth. The last is of the mapping data of the same site. Every stone wall is visible and if you look at the "Pock" marks, These are verified cellars! This is only a minuscule shot of this area. I am currently scouring the entire state as we speak....

Looks like LIDAR.

For interested users... you can access the information here:

http://cteco.uconn.edu/viewers/ctelevation/

This is for Connecticut only. Other states probably have there own database, so google is your friend. It took me about 20 minutes to find the link above.... so its not straight forward to find the databases, but the information seems to be out there for free if your willing to do the searching.

Do not try to download on your cellphone as the files are huge. I used my home pc on a wired network, and Im glad I did.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom