Anyone not use a Lesche?

I use an 18 inch Sampson for 90 percent of my digging. I carry a Lesche for anything that doesn't turn up in the plug like it is supposed to.

I tried a couple of sturdy looking garden trowels when I first started out, but they didn't hold up for me. I also tried a Garrett digger, which though well constructed, pushed right through the handle padding on the first day. I used it for a few months with a tennis ball stuck on the end of it so it wouldn't beat up my palm, until I replaced it.

I also have a 31 inch ground shark, which I bought used, but haven't touched since buying my sampson.

In the end, use what works for you, and in your budget.

Good digs.

Pawaide

Pretty expensive digger but I use the Predator raptor. Never like the leshke too much with that offset handle.

Attachments

• user16067_pic59830_1405293912.jpg
    user16067_pic59830_1405293912.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 267
I don't use one. I had one and sold it.. I didn't like it. I have a lot of trouble with my hand and wrist... it put a lot of pressure on them when I dug. I've use a large knife to dig with. It cuts a clean deep plug and doesn't hurt my hand and wrist when I dig.. just my 2¢

Predator 31C in yards - For fields Ground Shark 40" that I took to a machine shop and had them press the blade almost flat, or a 20$ shovel that I took a hand grinder to and made the blade more like other detecting shovels.

Don't have one, don't need one. I use my Ames True Temper digger in grass, parks, lawns etc. , and use an e-tool or regular shovel in fields, woods etc.

Ive been using one like this 20+ years. Never needed anything else , I am completely happy with it.

I have one of those. Used it for a while and liked it. Then I got the Lesche, even better! The pointed end makes a difference.
For field or woods work, Sampson 31" Tee handle.

I picked up a cheap stainless steel hand trowel at Lowe's. It has a serrated edge and seems to be sturdy enough, at least I not been able to bend it through rocks or prying. I sharpened it up but doesn't hold an adage well. The biggest thing I don't care for is the handle end has somewhat of a point to it which hurts the palm of my hand after some use, I'll take care of that.

I use a True Temper garden tool .I'ts stainless steel and an eighth of an inch thick with big round flat end on the handle. You can't hardley find them in stores any more. best digger i've ever had.

I have one of those. Used it for a while and liked it. Then I got the Lesche, even better! The pointed end makes a difference.
For field or woods work, Sampson 31" Tee handle.

The way I see it . why get a lesche when I already have perfection , and it only cost less than $20....I think it was around $12. Not saying the lesche isnt good , only in my opinion unnecessary.

I haven't stepped up to a Lesche as of yet, to date this has been my tool of choice, it costs less than $10 at Walmart.

29429u9.jpg

I used to use a gatar digger from kellyCo. I've have worn it down like 1.5 inches . worn out the handle first week I had it .. got a pvc plug cap and riveted it to the end . Helped alot not digging into the palm .. from there I made a stainless steel digger from a piece of 1.5 in stainless tubing . sliced it with a band saw about 6 " from the end pried it open and so that I could get a hammer head into the end . used the hammer to open the cut up until I could get a wider head to fit . I just kept pressing the head into the cut until it opened up then just cut off the excess . stuck a handle on it .. been working great ever since .. cuts a great plug . which usually comes out with the digger .. its great at making a small hole and taking out dirt . I have pried some big objects out of the ground with it .. no bends cleans up easy .. I use a piece of stainless wire secured on my belt and it sits just right in the slot

Attachments

• HPIM0448-9.jpg
    HPIM0448-9.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 229
This is the digger I use all the time. After about 2 days of use the rubber grop split on the butt, which then dug into my hand. So I found a old drawer knob and trimmed it so it would fit perfect into the handle of the shovel. I used epoxy to secure in place. This single mod was a HUGE improvement!! After a few more hunts I added a tight lashing to help prevent the rubber grip from sliding down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 196
Back
Top Bottom