Things About The New Orange Garrett Pro-Pointer AT Not Found In The Manual

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

Attachments

• 69922_1.jpg
    69922_1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 697
Thanks for posting, it sure helped me! Maybe this means the Garrett carrot is getting ready to release to the public soon.

That final "super tune" test he did with the ring and the pen mark and sliding the ring away from the GPPAT.... All I can say is if that is at full power. Not impressed. Ive got a solid 4-5" air test just like that with my TRX. My friend has a GPPAT ordered so we'll see who's does the best on depth/distance sensing once he's got his. Guess Garrett decided with how the TRX was out performing them they had best up the ante' so to speak. His "tune" only gave him ??? What??? 1.5 " max? Sure hope that was the lowest setting.

Got mine about 20 minutes ago. Pre-ordered from BBH. Initial testing against my GPP is that the outer detection distance is similar on a new, shiny shield penny but the PP AT locks into solid tone at a further distance than the PP. This is with the PP AT set at maximum.

The audio tone on the PP AT is a slightly a lower frequency as well.

The PP also can do more of a really slow tick, tick at the outer fringe whereas the PP AT seems to have a quicker reaction from silent to slow chirp.

Just my first, quick impressions.

Papa

Got mine about 20 minutes ago. Pre-ordered from BBH. Initial testing against my GPP is that the outer detection distance is similar on a new, shiny shield penny but the PP AT locks into solid tone at a further distance than the PP. This is with the PP AT set at maximum.

The PP also can do more of a really slow tick, tick at the outer fringe whereas the PP AT seems to have a quicker reaction from silent to slow chirp.

Papa
I still haven't heard anything about mine :(. Ordered about the same time as you.

Hard to be patient!!! Ha

Papa

What sort of distance are you getting on "maximum" for , say a quarter air tested? Whats your max distance for the GPAT even sensing the quarter?

What sort of distance are you getting on "maximum" for , say a quarter air tested? Whats your max distance for the GPAT even sensing the quarter?

Just tested it and got right at 2 inches on a quarter. I had a crusty one and a clean one and it didn't seem to make any difference. This is on maximum sensitivity setting with the battery that was supplied.

Papa

AT Pro Pointer

Mine shipped from BBH on Monday. I tracked it and it will be here this Thursday in Oregon...

Just tested it and got right at 2 inches on a quarter. I had a crusty one and a clean one and it didn't seem to make any difference. This is on maximum sensitivity setting with the battery that was supplied.

Papa

Thats still sad. Im seriously getting 4" easy air test and I get qtrs down to 5+" on regular basis and Ive gotten a penny at a good 7". Now, that penny was just a chitter chatter from the TRX but still it told me I was directly over it. I use a large craftsman screwdriver to pop things out when the ground is nice and soft and its a good 7-8" shaft on that screwdriver and I had it 90% in the ground before I touched that penny. This is why I wont buy another garrett PP. They just dont seem interested in depth of it. For me, digging in yards, parks and schools being able to get VERY accurately above the item makes for a much smaller impact on the ground disturbance. And that makes a world of difference in some peoples eyes that are watching us dig in "their" parks and yards. 80% of the time my TRX will put me directly over the coin/object. Sometimes there are other items near that will pull the "X" spot off just a bit but not that much. No, I'm not knocking the GPPAT. I do like the water proof aspect. Finally someone makes one that IS meant to be under water. Now just gotta make one that distinguishes between trash (buzz sound here ) and Goodies (ding ding ding sound here ) . :cool:

Back
Top Bottom