Yesterday’s Buddhist Hunt

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I went for a sunrise hunt yesterday morning knowing there would be less than an hour before the low tide. The ocean was the calmest I’ve hunted on all summer. I worked the wet sand and water and most of the good coins came in the wet sand as did the sinkers. The mother of all sinkers was from the water and I couldn’t believe the size of that! Who uses that anchor for near shore fishing? No yellow but 110 coins with the “Loony” made for an exciting hunt. The small “Buddha” bracelet is interesting. The little Buddhas on it are interesting and they might be silver, lead or pewter I’m not sure. Some of those pennies are among the most corroded I’ve ever gotten. Even though my clad total is a respectable $5.01, about 26 of those pennies will not make it to the tumbler. I hunted for 4 hours with most of it watching some far offshore storms that provided some nice visual lightening. Hopefully tomorrow morning I'll be out chasing some yellow again. :yes:

Attachments

• 7-24-16.jpg
    7-24-16.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 170
  • 7-24-16 Loony (1).jpg
    7-24-16 Loony (1).jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 170
  • 7-24-16 Loony (2).jpg
    7-24-16 Loony (2).jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 7-24-16 Budhha.jpg
    7-24-16 Budhha.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 7-24-16 Trash.jpg
    7-24-16 Trash.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 169
Good luck next hunt. I found a fishing weight that weighed about 2 pounds, I threw it up the beach and found it the next day still up the beach but about 50 yards from where I threw it, I have a feeling some kid found it and moved it as the water has been very calm lately.

Good luck next hunt. I found a fishing weight that weighed about 2 pounds, I threw it up the beach and found it the next day still up the beach but about 50 yards from where I threw it, I have a feeling some kid found it and moved it as the water has been very calm lately.

Aha!! A CLUE!!! Now I just have to find that 2 pound fishing weight and I'll know your spot! Muahahahahahaha!!!!!! One step closer!!:laughing:

Let's not be adding those pennies to the penny count contest after we already guessed, but feel free to add them to pile afterwards when you ship them off to Connecticut:heartylaugh::heartylaugh:

Back
Top Bottom