It has been a long dry run

dirtydog

Forum Supporter
I haven't been detecting much this year. Some family health issues have kept me at home. But I went out for about 2 hours yesterday and finally broke the dry spell. Well almost. I was hunting the wet sand at one of my favorite locations and heard a sweet sound on the CTX. One scoop and I had it. It was crusted and flat like a rock but after looking at it, I pressed it between my fingers and the middle popped out. Well when I got it home, I started the cleaning process. A little tapping with a small wood hammer, them electrolysis, Baking powder and vinegar and some silver polish with a buffer. And it was silver and gold but no diamond. Well it looked good to me. About anything looks good from the sand right now. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 20140915_151025-1_resized.jpg
    20140915_151025-1_resized.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 357
  • 20140915_151433-1_resized.jpg
    20140915_151433-1_resized.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 349
  • 20141208_153339-1_resized.jpg
    20141208_153339-1_resized.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 339
:dingding: I gotta tell you I don't really care for those mixed rings I have found but I guess its better than a stainless or a tungsten that's for sure!

925 10k? I wouldn't know what to do with that.

Congrats on breaking your dry spell.

R5

Mr. Shell and Mr. Carrot and I are all doing the happy dance for you!! YAY!!!!

:woohoo::woot::run1::confetti:

:dingding: I gotta tell you I don't really care for those mixed rings I have found but I guess its better than a stainless or a tungsten that's for sure!

With my situation and just being able to go out and then find something. Priceless!

Nice going , it's good you finally had a chance to go out .

It's been awhile. But I've been needed elsewhere. It's good to be out. Maybe again tomorrow.

Outstanding!

It was almost like finding 18k ring for me. Thanks!

That's a VERY nice find you have there !!

Thanks. I even had fun cleaning it.:lol:

Nice looking keeper!!!

Congrats!

<°)))>{[/QUOTE

Thanks Ice. Been a long dry spell. I think I'll keep this one just to remember how blessed I am to be able to go to the beach.

Congrats to you on an interesting ring and breaking your dry spell.
Thanks I was feeling like it was never going to end. I might not be much to some people, but it was a good day for me.

Nice ring!

Thank. It looks old style. So I think I'll just keep it.

925 10k? I wouldn't know what to do with that.

Congrats on breaking your dry spell.

R5[/QUOTE

Thanks R5. It's the first 925 10k I've found. So maybe it's one off the bucket list.

Thanks, I like it myself. Shame it's not my gender.

Mr. Shell and Mr. Carrot and I are all doing the happy dance for you!! YAY!!!!

:woohoo::woot::run1::confetti:

You three must have taken a picture of me when I found it. I looked like a drunk Irishman on Saturday night. Thanks friend.

Nice way to break the dry spell, very pretty ring Congrats![/QUOTET

hanks. It's not 14k but it's a good start.

Very nice ring....great job!!!!

GL & HH
Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for looking.

Nice looking ring!

Thanks for taking your time to look. I like that it looks old.

Glad you were able to get out for a few hours. Congrats on the ring find.
Bubbaron[/QUOTE

A great relief to get out winging again.

Sorry about the rough patch you are going through. Been down that road. Nice one you found.

I don't know where you found it but a woman approached me on the beach at Spessard Holland North in Melbourne Beach and described a ring similar to that. I don't feel comfortable asking people for their contact info so I suggested she post it on craigs list lost and found with her anonymous contact info. She hasn't done it so far but she did mention that she left her phone number with the guy at the hot dog stand on the boardwalk.

Sorry about the rough patch you are going through. Been down that road. Nice one you found.

Thanks Larry for your kind thoughts.

I don't know where you found it but a woman approached me on the beach at Spessard Holland North in Melbourne Beach and described a ring similar to that. I don't feel comfortable asking people for their contact info so I suggested she post it on craigs list lost and found with her anonymous contact info. She hasn't done it so far but she did mention that she left her phone number with the guy at the hot dog stand on the boardwalk.

I wish I could help. But I never made Spessard a place to hunt. She would have had to have been about 20 miles north. I wish her good luck finding her ring.

Back
Top Bottom