can anyone here read/interpret Japanese?

Not sure if you're just being funny or being serious, if serious, I had no idea it was yours personally just thought it likely just was a free gif you got from online.

.....but thinking your being funny.....

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Here ya go you can take it back......
View attachment 409568

......and have a few extras too..... View attachment 409566 View attachment 409567 View attachment 409569

:hmmm:........but if you're being serious :?: :shock: ......let me know and I won't use it anymore :sorry2:

Sorry I forgot to post this :laughing: after my comment.

"Kung Fu" is Chinese, not Japanese.

Picky picky picky!! LOL What do you expect from a guy that just left 84° weather and came home to freeze?? :?:

I will try to remember that!!

My Korean friend is very intelligent and she says it looks like 礻侍待告 to her but that it is difficult to read and doesn't make sense. According to Google it translates to "Waiting to be Told"

https://www.google.com/search?q=tra.....69i57j0l5.6678j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

She is going to send it to her husband who is in Korea for a second opinion. But we won't hear back from him until tomorrow at least.

My Korean friend is very intelligent and she says it looks like 礻侍待告 to her but that it is difficult to read and doesn't make sense. According to Google it translates to "Waiting to be Told"

https://www.google.com/search?q=tra.....69i57j0l5.6678j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

She is going to send it to her husband who is in Korea for a second opinion. But we won't hear back from him until tomorrow at least.

I don't think it is Korean as they have a very different script, but if your friend also read/writes Chinese that would be most helpful.

I don't think it is Korean as they have a very different script, but if your friend also read/writes Chinese that would be most helpful.

She does it all, Korean, Japanese, Chinese. She actually escaped DPRK as a child. One daughter is in Harvard, one at believe Yale. Husband runs a corporation in Korea and she lives here in the US with her own career.

I sent the pic to my friend in the Philippines. She said it is Chinese, not Japanese, and that she would ask the Chinese Consul at some high falutin shindig they are having tonight. I'll let you know what she says.
She thought the first part was a prayer of some sort, tho.

Wow thank you everyone for the detective work! I didn’t expect this much response. I have a co-worker who was born and raised in China but has been in the states for 25 years. He says it’s Chinese but can’t interpret it. He sent it to his wife, she is better at reading Chinese, but haven’t heard back from him.

“Waiting to be Told”...I’m pretty sure I won’t be giving this find to my wife, that’s a direct ticket to the couch tonight :laughing:

Here is the latest from my Korean friend.

Sorry I tried..

"My husband said; It looks like 不佳積告

But, I can't find the above 4-letter Chinese word in Chinese dictionaries over internet.

By the meaning of the Chinese characters which consist of the above word:

'고발(고자질)을 자꾸하는(축적하는) 것은 별로 좋은 일이 아니다.' 이런 뜻이 아닐까? 생각하는데 확실하지 않음. 중국 친구에게 물어보아야 할 듯

“It is not a good thing to keep accusations.”

My husband said he is not sure and suggested me to ask it to Chinese friends. So, I asked to my daughter. The following is her Chinese friend’s response. But she is not sure either.

“Basically the product isn’t good or adequate. Like poor product warning.”

Its Chinese and it means prosperity, health, family and luck.

Edit: I just made that up. Its Chinese but almost impossible to read looking at a photo. 2 Chinese girls I showed it to were unable to make out the characters.
I don't think anybody can interpret it accurately with just that photo.

Its Chinese and it means prosperity, health, family and luck.

Edit: I just made that up. Its Chinese but almost impossible to read looking at a photo. 2 Chinese girls I showed it to were unable to make out the characters.
I don't think anybody can interpret it accurately with just that photo.

I thought you would know it for sure!

Maybe it says "I bought an Equinox."

Solved

My friend got back to me this afternoon. She sent the pic to her Chinese friend who replied :

the words is 不住 祷告 sound like 'bu zhu dao gao'

first two of them mean 'do not stop', continuous, ceaselessly, the last two words mean pray

the meaning is 'pray with out ceasing', 'ceaselessly pray', 'continuously pray'

Sounds like it is something you would be happy to give your wife or daughter. Nice find. Congrats. :grin:

Sounds like it is something you would be happy to give your wife or daughter. Nice find. Congrats. :grin:

Thanks CoffinCat, and everyone else on this thread! I'm constantly amazed at the helpfulness of the folks on this forum.

I think I'm going to go with this one. I like it much more than sammich, ovaltine, etc...:lol: My 10 year old daughter was eyeing it up but I didn't want to give it to her without a translation.

My friend got back to me this afternoon. She sent the pic to her Chinese friend who replied :

first two of them mean 'do not stop', continuous, ceaselessly, the last two words mean pray

Geeezzz... my friends mustnt be too bright. I'll show them that and see

Thanks CoffinCat, and everyone else on this thread! I'm constantly amazed at the helpfulness of the folks on this forum.

I think I'm going to go with this one. I like it much more than sammich, ovaltine, etc...:lol: My 10 year old daughter was eyeing it up but I didn't want to give it to her without a translation.
:wow2: "Pray without ceasing" is one of my favorite Bible verses! Cool find! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom