Equinox where gold shows up on vdi

This is a great video and really opened my eyes. Basically you have to dig it all up to 20 off you don't want to miss out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You best dig up to 23.....I’ve got a couple of large gold rings at that digit.....GMC and class ring.

... Basically you have to dig it all up to 20 off you don't want to miss out....

The age-old eye-opener, ever since TID was invented in 1982-ish . Unfortunately, alloyed gold and aluminum junk share the same TID's, on a size-per-size basis.

The trick to "not missing out" (ie.: trick to finding gold rings) is not *only* to "dig it all, up to 20...". That part is already a given. The much bigger part of the formula is: Location location location. Junky blighted parks are not the place to "be a hero" if gold rings are the objective (unless you simply love torture).

There are hunt type-locations that are more favorable to jewelry. And better ratios than other places.

Last edited:
The age-old eye-opener, ever since TID was invented in 1982-ish . Unfortunately, alloyed gold and aluminum junk share the same TID's, on a size-per-size basis.

The truck to "not missing out" (ie.: trick to finding gold rings) is not *only* to "dig it all, up to 20...". That part is already a given. The much bigger part of the formula is: Location location location. Junky blighted parks are not the place to "be a hero" if gold rings are the objective (unless you simply love torture).

There are hunt type-locations that are more favorable to jewelry. And better ratios than other places.

Very true. Like the ocean, wet sand and dry. The beach is by far the best place.

Truly, gold is where you find it! That includes the meter's post iron to pre-dime range. 99% of the time it's trash (more or less). It's so easy to quit looking, but finding it is a great wake up call even when it's someone else whose found it. And location is king for sure, but it does pop up in the darndest places sometimes.

Yup! I learned the hard way and now dig anything that gives a constant tone. This video is great and confirms my decision to dig it all. Lowest hit where I've found gold was a gold chain (18 in but only 6 grams) and it rang up as a solid "2".

You are forgetting....those likely are the rings he has...most found with other detectors the small gold is 1 and 2...Ive got a couple of gold like I said at digit 23....keeping in mind it cold go higher....or even into beg digits because of depth, angle, minerals ect. So somewhere along the line you have to be willing to dig everything with say a TDI OR consciously disc

You are forgetting....those likely are the rings he has...most found with other detectors the small gold is 1 and 2...Ive got a couple of gold like I said at digit 23....keeping in mind it cold go higher....or even into beg digits because of depth, angle, minerals ect. So somewhere along the line you have to be willing to dig everything with say a TDI OR consciously disc

That is true. It all depends on depth, angle of the target and a lot of other things. Here in Florida where I detect quarters will give off a strange TDI depending on the angle and depth. I have found gold rings from 1 to 23.

Back
Top Bottom