Went To My Ocean Gym Yesterday

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I haven’t been to “Penny Beach” since September last year so I decided to take off right after work yesterday and hunt there. Although gold is not as prevalent here, a good workout always is as this beach is used a lot by Santeria worshipers. This is why this beach is always high in pennies. I believe the other large objects also relate to Santeria, though I have never found anything like them before. I found the anchor 1st and was hoping that it might be silver but after I found the other large items I knew they were probably junk used for Santeria rituals. Three and half hours with Noxy was quite the workout with the 144 coins and the rest of the junk. This will sound blasphemous coming from me, but I could have easily gone over 200 coins had I not disregarded what I knew were pennies at various times. I just wanted to cover the area that I had planned and not run out of daylight.

Attachments

• 2-6-19.jpg
    2-6-19.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 613
  • 2-6-19 Garbage.jpg
    2-6-19 Garbage.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 622
Wow, thats a lot of diggin. Good work even though no rings popped out. I like those trinkets though, almost seem like that probably came from one person or place.

I would've skipped a lot more Jim if I were being deluged in quarters like you were this week!:lol:

Ok Felix this is a little weird. I was going to include a picture of the oddities that I found on the mega clad hunt. Believe it or not, I found the exact same mixture of an anchor, ships wheel, moon, etc., and when I mean exact, I mean exactly the same....all in a small area of about 4 feet in diameter in the wet. The only difference was my mixture included what looked like a butter knife. All the other pieces were the same size, shape and junk metal content....weird !!!!

I wonder what the story is behind these trinkets we found ????

Good Luck....Be Safe....Jeff.

so, regarding the charms - you mentioned Santeria - I have seen shops where they sell charm bags for things, and they use them in their rituals, possibly tossing them into the fire. The same shop may sell many charm bags, and they advertise how to use them, so more than one group might buy the same bags. I think that is why you are seeing the same charms. Once they cast their spell, I think the bag gets tossed in the fire to "release the power" or somesuch. Example: https://www.pinterest.com/wiccanplace/voodoo-hoodoo-santeria-mojo-bags/?lp=true

Ok Felix this is a little weird. I was going to include a picture of the oddities that I found on the mega clad hunt. Believe it or not, I found the exact same mixture of an anchor, ships wheel, moon, etc., and when I mean exact, I mean exactly the same....all in a small area of about 4 feet in diameter in the wet. The only difference was my mixture included what looked like a butter knife. All the other pieces were the same size, shape and junk metal content....weird !!!!

:wow: That is pretty cool! I found them in a small area as well. There must be something to that related to the time of year. After a short Google search I found this reference for it being related to YEMAYA (Santeria):

"Yemaya is the great mother who lives and rules over the seas. Water is essential to life, so without Yemaya, life on earth wouldn't be possible"

Attachments

• Santeria.jpg
    Santeria.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 412
I wanted to go detecting until I saw all those felix pennies and suddenly lost motivation.

:laughing:

Thanks

From the state of Florida for cleaning up the trash on our beaches , you deserve the Felix Zincon award :wincup::tiphat::thumbsup: Including another Zincon award for knowing when your digging those pennies with the Nox ID :shock::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::sarcastic::snapoutofit: :laughing: Good Job. Just wondering , using your Nox , knowing when your digging pennies , have you learned what the machine is telling you, when your digging 122 pennies , to were you could be spending your energy digging treasure :?: There are not many targets here , so i dug a few WED. , but down their , what's your reason , by now i know you have learned the machine. Anyway congrat's, on the Pumped up, I am returning to the Gym next week to get a real pump LOL :lol:

Attachments

• P1010074.JPG
    P1010074.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 337
Never heard of Santeria before. I guess that explains the charms, but not sure how that relates to the pennies. Weird.
Anyway, good job, and you can always go back for another workout. Some of those targets you skipped could be gold!

Nice hunt Felix! I also have found those mysterious items at the beach :yes: They seem to be made of lead so I just tossed them with the rest of my fishing weight collection.

Hey Felix, you want a santaria god to go with your other trinkets? I have one i can part with. Maybe you could leave it on the beach on it's side. That might rattle a few of them!!

Nice digs

Could the butter knife- looking things be oars?

Attachments

• 8059888C-42BA-4337-8E94-49750ECCAC30.jpg
    8059888C-42BA-4337-8E94-49750ECCAC30.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 226
From the state of Florida for cleaning up the trash on our beaches , you deserve the Felix Zincon award :wincup::tiphat::thumbsup: Including another Zincon award for knowing when your digging those pennies with the Nox ID :shock::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::sarcastic::snapoutofit: :laughing: Good Job. Just wondering , using your Nox , knowing when your digging pennies , have you learned what the machine is telling you, when your digging 122 pennies , to were you could be spending your energy digging treasure :?: There are not many targets here , so i dug a few WED. , but down their , what's your reason , by now i know you have learned the machine. Anyway congrat's, on the Pumped up, I am returning to the Gym next week to get a real pump LOL :lol:
Earl, this may come as a shock to you but I LOVE METAL DETECTING! Getting out in the ocean water and its fresh salty air, headphones on, being in your own meditative zone with the chance of finding treasure, and seeing the occasional beauty(ies) is unmatched by anything else to me. AND I would've dug every signal penny signal had I not wanted to cover the area I wanted to cover. I'll be back again soon to that beach.

Never heard of Santeria before. I guess that explains the charms, but not sure how that relates to the pennies. Weird.
Anyway, good job, and you can always go back for another workout. Some of those targets you skipped could be gold!
The pennies are used in a ritual. I was once at sunrise on this beach and saw 3 separate groups along it doing the ritual.

Could the butter knife- looking things be oars?
Dude! Those are the oars and you got the mermaid too!! You seem top have the entire set. I'm jealous. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom