Hotel Gold

dirtydog

Forum Supporter
There are two large hotels that are places I rarely hunt. It's those places where they put out the blue chairs and umbrellas for the people who stay there. I've hunted there in the past with little success. But they try to intimidate you when you are there. They never say anything but at least two workers will come out on the beach and follow you from about 50 feet. When you dig they walk past and look but never say anything. I haven't been there in a few months and decided a few days ago to give it a spin. The waves were really big and the air was cool so I stayed in the wet and dry sand. As I worked my way between the chairs I hit a mid tone on the CTX and scooped the 720i under a chair and grabbed up an nice 14K ring before my friends could even get close. They stopped and I pulled out a Bud Light cap and smiled. They walked away and about two chairs later I grabbed a silver ring. I worked the area pretty good with only bottle caps to show for the time. As I left I smiled and waved at the two and they went back inside. I've not been hunting much lately so the gold and silver was nice to see in the scoop again. I found a silver ring just like this one a couple of years ago. And the gold ring fits. The stones are fake but I was glad to find it's twin sister. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• 20170409_154308 copy.jpg
    20170409_154308 copy.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 781
  • 20170821_104423 copy.jpg
    20170821_104423 copy.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 786
  • 20170821_104928 copy.jpg
    20170821_104928 copy.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 782
  • 20170821_112053 copy.jpg
    20170821_112053 copy.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 773
:dingding: Congrats on the scores and love how you played it cool! I have had those jet ski/kayak renters try to intimidate me out of their "ocean area" in the past. They just ignore me now.

Congrats on the gold.. I've had similar experiences in the past.. I've caught the same guys with a detector in the same area

Congrats on the PMs!
I love stories where the Ahats get it put to them.

That ring with the red stone is one of the prettiest things I've ever seen! Super happy for you! AMAZING!! and LOL at showing them a bottle cap!! NICE JOB!!

That Red stone gold is beautiful!! Wow!! Love it!

I have never hunted a beach, being quite a few hundred miles away. But honest question, who owns the beach? Isn’t it public property no matter which part? Or am I wrong?

Nox 600
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Beautiful! That’s the way to play it cool! You were like an assassin slipping in accomplishing the mission and getting out with the prize!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Dirty... maybe those two guys just wanted to talk metal detecting with you :yes:

:dingding: Congrats on the scores and love how you played it cool! I have had those jet ski/kayak renters try to intimidate me out of their "ocean area" in the past. They just ignore me now.

Thanks Felix. They always show up and just follow me. I never touch the chairs so there's not much they can say. One friend says they ran him off once. They would have to call the police on me.

wow sweeeet finds congrats :D

Thanks brnco. It's been a slow couple of years for me so I'm pleased.

Congrats on the gold.. I've had similar experiences in the past.. I've caught the same guys with a detector in the same area

That's funny follow you to find a good place to hunt.:lol:

Great scores! Whats up with the mute Hotel Beach Boys following you around? Thats sort of creepy! Maybe they are waiting for an order? I guess I'd tell one to bring me a beer and the other to go get me a towel! :laughing:

Wow Dog, love that gold ring with the bezel setting- congrats!

Thanks it is a nice ring. Not solid in the back and a few scratches but it cleaned up good.

Exquisite rings!!!!! Nice work, and congrats!

You need an “FBI” cap for those hunts!

FBI cap may do the job. I could have fun following them around.:lol:

Nice gold....congrats...

someday it will be me :)

I hope someday soon. Thanks for loking.

Congrats on the PMs!
I love stories where the Ahats get it put to them.

Thanks. Just standing my ground.

That ring with the red stone is one of the prettiest things I've ever seen! Super happy for you! AMAZING!! and LOL at showing them a bottle cap!! NICE JOB!!

Thanks Kap. I always carry a couple of bottle caps with me just in case someone needs to see one.:lol:

I have never hunted a beach, being quite a few hundred miles away. But honest question, who owns the beach? Isn’t it public property no matter which part? Or am I wrong?

It depends. There are plenty of private beaches, but the private part usually stops at some line short of the ocean. You'd want to learn your local laws well enough to not get bullied off an area they have no authority over, but want you to believe they do.

It depends. There are plenty of private beaches, but the private part usually stops at some line short of the ocean. You'd want to learn your local laws well enough to not get bullied off an area they have no authority over, but want you to believe they do.

I’m sure the real beach hunters know that line. Sucks for the average vacationer though.

Nox 600
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Back
Top Bottom