Surf Forecast Gulf Coast

AlpoRanch

What do you guys use for surf forecast that is accurate? I had been using surf-forecast.com and it is basically a joke. Right now it is showing 4.5-5 waves for the gulf coast and if you look at the Siesta Key beach cam or the Clearwater pier cam it's a mill pond out there.

Windfinders.com is pretty accurate up here....All the kite boarders and surfers use it.......I like it on account of its showing the inbound Wind directional patterns, rising or declining velocities etc...so some beaches will be sheltered, and some not...

Its taking the readings from the offshore bouys..so a guy can use it to preplan a hunt ahead of time if the wind is steady and prevailing...we have a small window to hunt right during the slack and turn of a big onshore blow and corresponding rip....maybe only a few hours before it all slumps in again... of course the beach webcams are important...

I just went to Windfinders.com to check it out and this is what I got.....
Windfinders.com is listed for sale!

Windfinders.com is pretty accurate up here....All the kite boarders and surfers use it.......I like it on account of its showing the inbound Wind directional patterns, rising or declining velocities etc...so some beaches will be sheltered, and some not...

Its taking the readings from the offshore bouys..so a guy can use it to preplan a hunt ahead of time if the wind is steady and prevailing...we have a small window to hunt right during the slack and turn of a big onshore blow and corresponding rip....maybe only a few hours before it all slumps in again... of course the beach webcams are important...

Awesome site Mud, you posted about this site before and I can't thank you enough. Most places I go are a very long drive and this site makes it very easy to plan days in advance. This tool has helped me over a year now. Thanks again.

Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate it. Surf-Forecast has messed me up quite a few times. Somedays they call for flat water and I get to the beach and I have waves breaking over my head.

I use the same Deb......SwellInfo.com But you do have to realize low tides are affected by which direction and speed the wind is blowing around here.

All of the surf websites are getting information from NOAA buoys, so it comes to personal preference. I find Magicseaweed to be very intuitive. It looks like this buoy is near you, but you can choose. They also include surf forecasts.

https://magicseaweed.com/Lido-Beach-Surf-Report/4620/

R5

This is what I use too, I have it saved on my desktop and also the app for my phone. Super easy and I find it to be accurate.

Back
Top Bottom