Epic hunt and TRIFECTA during Super Blood Moon eclipse

DaviDs

Forum Supporter
48cde56f5808c20eb2913c430f419078.jpg

We had frigid temps but with a negative -1.2 tide i knew it would be an epic hunt!

My first three signals rang up as gold. Sure enough i scored a trifecta of aluminum whammy goodness!
d003319d671beb59f4c1b63fa3854ec9.jpg

Next, i scored the coveted south florida monetary bucketlister, e.g. a "Felix".

Fast forward three more excrutiating hours of hearing the silence of a threshold hum and finally, BAM, a signal. I didnt care whether or not it was good, i was just happy to know my detector was in fact, still working. From the depths i recovered a hefty Jefferson.

With fingers numb, and my patience exhausted, i headed back. Halfway theough my 45 min trek to the parking lot, i got a good signal. Solid gold tone, no jumpy VDI #s, and i was hopeful. Three scoops down, out pops this shining example of a c.1996 paperclip. Going to send it to PGCS for a proper appraisal.
e373d510f6ae86b43b2b8645ce1611fd.jpg

With my new found treasure i reached the parking lot in time to greet another team of hunters arriving at 3am to start their hunt.
Ahhhhh, 24-hour competition ...welcome to Florida!

Best pic with my camera phone....bleh :roll:
5ffd14352423c5c94cacb189133e3468.jpg

Of course this is what I thought my camera phone was taking. lol :lol:
a20cca8940283777e316dee20e222910.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Great story on one of the saddest hunts ever posted here! :laughing: Not a total loss since there was a Felix and a Jefferson. :yes: You need to get away for a weekend and come down here for a hunt. Even if you only get 6 cents the views will be much better! ;)

This should be a banner thread. :laughing:

LOL @ thinking temps in the 30's are frigid.

Make sure you send that paperclip to CAC after PCGS is done with it.

Now THATS a hunt! :laughing: Loved it! Miserably cold, at night, no good finds, and leaving the beach at 3am! Plus your mooner eclipse pictures suck, so hey...Excelsior!:laughing:

^^^ Goals, for sure. I'll have to give it a try :lol:

Great story on one of the saddest hunts ever posted here! :laughing: You need to come down here for a hunt ...the views will be much better! ;)
:cool: You had me at "views". lol, yup, sounds like a plan!

This should be a banner thread. :laughing:
I know right. Reality check 100%. Day before it was 82°... top down, getting sunburn. That evening, getting wind burn and frostbite. bhwahhaha Felt like I was back in MI. :laughing:

Now THATS a hunt! :laughing: Loved it!so hey...Excelsior!:laughing:
Hey, for the cost of a 1/2 day timeshare presentation, you too can escape the cold and try your hand scoring some shiny Felixes! Come on down :lol:

I sent a PM to the mod who features threads.. asked him to prioritize it :laughing:

39 degree's.. that is pretty warm up here this time of the year... no sympathy here :lol:

At least you got a nickel to give you hope ;)

Now THATS a hunt! :laughing: Loved it! Miserably cold, at night, no good finds, and leaving the beach at 3am! Plus your mooner eclipse pictures suck, so hey...Excelsior!:laughing:

You know what's funny? When I tell people about the forum, i specifically mention they need to pay close attention to your posts. I wonder how many come out of curiosity, wondering what/who a MudPuppy is and what they'll gain... :lol::lol: Your a RIOT in my book buddy :laughing:

Great write up David! Sounds like you had a good time, we had poor visibility for the eclipse, not to mention I was sleeping through it anyway :lol: congrats and good luck this season!

48cde56f5808c20eb2913c430f419078.jpg

We had frigid temps but with a negative -1.2 tide i knew it would be an epic hunt!

My first three signals rang up as gold. Sure enough i scored a trifecta of aluminum whammy goodness!
d003319d671beb59f4c1b63fa3854ec9.jpg

Next, i scored the coveted south florida monetary bucketlister, e.g. a "Felix".

Fast forward three more excrutiating hours of hearing the silence of a threshold hum and finally, BAM, a signal. I didnt care whether or not it was good, i was just happy to know my detector was in fact, still working. From the depths i recovered a hefty Jefferson.

With fingers numb, and my patience exhausted i headed back. Halfway theough my 45 min trek to the parking lot, i got a good signal. Solid gold tone, no jumpy VDI #s, and i was hopeful. Three scoops down out pops this shining example of a c.1996 paperclip. Going tk send this PGCS for a proper appraisal.
e373d510f6ae86b43b2b8645ce1611fd.jpg

With my new found treasure i reached the parking lot in time to great another team of hunters arriving at 3am to start their hunt.
Ahhhhh, welcome to Florida.

Best pic with my camera phone....bleh :roll:
5ffd14352423c5c94cacb189133e3468.jpg

Of course this is what I thought my camera phone was taking. lol :lol:
a20cca8940283777e316dee20e222910.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Son of a b÷*&$, hunts and stories like this don't come along nearly enough. I am not afraid to admit it, but as a feel good success story I'm getting a little emotional and have to dry my eyes a couple times to reread your story.

This had been one of my favorite 8 tracks I've ever owned!

\When I tell people about the forum, i specifically mention they need to pay close attention to your posts. I wonder how many come out of curiosity, wondering what/who a MudPuppy is and what they'll gain... :lol::lol: Your a RIOT in my book buddy :laughing:
Yup, you can always count on Mud to bring some salt for a guy with an open wound. :laughing:

That Felix penny is special - that's the only year that US cents carried a "P" mintmark. It was done to mark the 225th anniversary of the US Mint.

Back
Top Bottom