Question about recovery speed

John 71

Is it a advantage to have a detector that has a slow recovery speed are is it a disvantage?

IMO what is more important is YOUR swing speed. Most people swing too fast. In junky areas it does help to have a machine that can recover faster, but if you slow your swing speed down you will find more anyway.

IMO what is more important is YOUR swing speed. Most people swing too fast. In junky areas it does help to have a machine that can recover faster, but if you slow your swing speed down you will find more anyway.

Not only that- each unit has it's own best swing rate. For every detector I've owned, I've waited for an iffy signal and tried slower/faster sweeps to determine which speed gives the best signal.:cool:

Not only that- each unit has it's own best swing rate. For every detector I've owned, I've waited for an iffy signal and tried slower/faster sweeps to determine which speed gives the best signal.:cool:

Agree. I know my nokta relic id's best with a fast swing. On the deep setting it needs a slow sweep

Fast recovery is favorable but if you own a fbs or bbs minelab then you need to slow your sweep speed down.
Even with a decent recovery speed on my At pro if you slow down you will find more in trash.

Back
Top Bottom