UPDATED PICTURES: Shark Goes into Feeding Frenzy and Scores the Hat Trick! (with a CARTIER!!!)

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I had to get a hunt in today since conditions looked to be great. The only thing I didn’t care for was the afternoon low tide at 3:45pm which would mean being out there for the brutal sun. I had planned on going north to a beach I haven’t been to in a while but after seeing the beach cam for South Beach at noon it looked like the winds had picked up and would make hitting that northern beach a no-go since it’s very difficult to work unless conditions are perfect. I got to the beach at 12:45 and had just gotten in the water when I see a regular South beach pirate offshore (UM cap guy) at about 100 yards away heading north. Just then a young woman comes to see me and tells me in accented English that her husband just lost his wedding band. So I follow her about 50 yards south and see what I think his her husband looking in the water with a borrowed mask for his lost ring. :roll: I ask him a few questions and get to work. Within 10 minutes I get good signal amidst the tons of falsing from all the waves and out comes a very nice white gold band. :dingding: My 1st target is a gold ring!! I return the band and find out that they’re from Brazil and TODAY was their 5th wedding anniversary and they had come on vacation with their daughter for a 2nd honeymoon. The man’s name is Renan. His wife (Vanessa)has a cell phone handy and at my request takes a few pictures of her husband and me with the ring return. Needless to say, the man was ecstatic that he got his ring back. I give her my e-mail address so she could send the pictures and left being very happy that I was glad I could help. I felt that my day was made! :yes: However, I had just started and now I felt it was time to find a keeper for me! ;)

Had I realized how wavy and the surf today would be I think I would’ve gone with Merlin but I was already there and there’s nothing I could do but work through all the falsing with the Shark. At about an hour into the hunt, I was at the outer edge of a sand bar, where the waves were breaking and I get a signal. I was slammed a bit here and there and had a hard time getting the target. After about 4-5 scoops I look in and see the yellow… :dingding:. The ring is ugly but it has a ring guard so I knew that was good sign that it would be good. I now head north and at the 2 hour point, I see BlingDigger and motion “thumbs up or down” and she gives me the thumbs down. She motions to me and I give her the :thumbsup:. As I head back south, to get to my starting point, I was working offshore some soft sand areas and get a signal. I scoop up a ring which after quick look I think is a “junk stainless ring with diamonds”. I was amongst a lot of people so I put it in the pouch quickly and kept going. About 20-30 minutes I was in an area with nobody around me and take the ring back out and have a better looksy. What I thought were “diamonds” were the screw marks for a telltale Cartier!!! :dingding: :dancing: I noticed it was heavy and scratched up white gold and some yellow was showing through - a great sign!!! :D I now decide 4 hours was enough and started heading out. At home, I weigh both rings the ugly ring is marked 10K and weighs in at 2.9 grs. The Cartier is 18K and weighs in at 11.3 grs!! :gettinmoney: I was disappointed that the pictures of the ring return didn’t come in my email. :blink: I figured the language barrier and my vision trying to confirm that she got it right didn’t work out. However, I can’t be too disappointed considering the great day I had! :good:

UPDATE: Pictures of the ring return came in late last night! Below are the better ones. I guess the close up of the ring didn't make it but that's OK.

Attachments

• 4-29-18.jpg
    4-29-18.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 760
  • 4-29-18 Rings.jpg
    4-29-18 Rings.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 723
  • 4-29-18 Cartier.jpg
    4-29-18 Cartier.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 757
  • 4-29-18 Fits.jpg
    4-29-18 Fits.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 743
  • 4-29-18 trash.jpg
    4-29-18 trash.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 755
  • Pic w Hernan.jpg
    Pic w Hernan.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 588
  • Pic of couple.jpg
    Pic of couple.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 553
Last edited:
:dingding:Nice scores Felix! Cartier is on my bucket list, big
money right there! Congrats!

That baby has to be worth some big bucks!! The perks of living in Southern Florida!!:dingding:

It was nice to see you today and congratulations on your great finds ( good karma also helped you!). On the other side my husband and I hunted for 4 hours and didn't find anything :laughing:

I found one of those before. It was a recovery and return. I believe it's called the Peace design ring.

That baby has to be worth some big bucks!! The perks of living in Southern Florida!!:dingding:
Can't complain! ;)

Whats up with all the kopeks, hunting near mar a lago?
It seems Miami Beach is an extension of it! :lol:

I found one of those before. It was a recovery and return. I believe it's called the Peace design ring.
"Love" design. This is my 2nd real one. I have a 3rd that's gold but a knock-off.

It was nice to see you today and congratulations on your great finds ( good karma also helped you!). On the other side my husband and I hunted for 4 hours and didn't find anything :laughing:
I tried looking for your husband but I didn't see a shirtless guy detecting. :lol: I was hoping you would've managed a score after I saw you.

Back
Top Bottom