Coil Surfing

dirtydog

Forum Supporter
A few months ago I was at a big international surfing contest on the east coast of FL. I shared a made in Italy letter opener I found that day which to me was a cool find in the surf. I was there very early in the morning and stayed till dark. To say there was a big crowd would be a understatement. I worked the dry sand and the water outside the surfing zone all day. It amazed me that there was not another person with a detector there all day. Besides the letter opener I had a Harley 925 EVO engine ring, a nice gold earring and a small gold chain. the crab and the other chains were 925 as well. I took the coin to a coin show and they said it was a German celebration coin when the king of the province of Germany was going out to fight Napoleon. I was so worn from the heat and many hours of nonstop detecting I had to stop. I believe had the old man had more youngster in him I would have done better after the crowd left. But here is what I found which wasn't bad but only one gold earring and one gold chain. Thanks for looking and happy summer hunting friends.

Attachments

• 20170313_122515 copy.jpg
    20170313_122515 copy.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 203
  • 20170313_123532 copy.jpg
    20170313_123532 copy.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 195
  • 20170315_170738 copy.jpg
    20170315_170738 copy.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 196
  • 20170315_170803 copy.jpg
    20170315_170803 copy.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 193
  • 20170322_115107 copy copy.jpg
    20170322_115107 copy copy.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 198
  • 20170322_115044 copy.jpg
    20170322_115044 copy.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 194
Cool finds! Some days I wish I could get out to the beaches again. Not many in the landlocked states. :)

Awesome looting DD!

Congrats on the many finds, and the surf to yourself!

Stay on em...

<°)))>{

WoW!! Nice digs. Only gold chains I get have pendants, super find on the solo 14k. I feel pretty good when I don't see any others detecting....It's mine, all mine!!lol
DL

Love that Drei Reichs Mark! Man, I'd love to find something like that from my heritage! I need to go to Germany, apparently, because I'm not finding it around here! :laughing:

Congrats on a great hunt!

Lots of treasure!!

You guys are finding so much treasure I can't remember which I posted on!!

Awesome looting DD!

Congrats on the many finds, and the surf to yourself!

Stay on em...

<°)))>{

Thanks Ice. It was a hot long day of hunting between surf watchers but a great day at least for me

WoW!! Nice digs. Only gold chains I get have pendants, super find on the solo 14k. I feel pretty good when I don't see any others detecting....It's mine, all mine!!lol
DL

It is always a good day when the beach if packed and you are the only one there detecting. I usually don't dig every good signal but in a crowd like that I try to be greedy and get it all.

Love that Drei Reichs Mark! Man, I'd love to find something like that from my heritage! I need to go to Germany, apparently, because I'm not finding it around here! :laughing:

Congrats on a great hunt!

Thanks man and I agree a good find and in good condition. Will be on ebay soon.

You guys are finding so much treasure I can't remember which I posted on!!

Thanks OBN. it is hot or cold here. Sometimes good sometimes bad.

Thats some great finds there! A real mixed bag of goodies for ya! Nice!

Thanks Mud Man. some real surprises for me.

You did great. I hunted a bunch of surf competitions and have never found much. I do know you can hear their loud speaker through your headphones with no problem though. Up close I couldn't even hear if I had a signal:lol:

You did great. I hunted a bunch of surf competitions and have never found much. I do know you can hear their loud speaker through your headphones with no problem though. Up close I couldn't even hear if I had a signal:lol:

You got that one right loud it was. I tried to stay to the side of the competition platform so as not to be run off by the police. The police were thick as fleas. I would wander in front of the platform every few minutes but not for long. I wish I had had the stamina to have stayed after dark and I think the pickings would have been good. There was a lot of gold worn on each side of the marked off area. It was a good viewing spot and I've noticed people go to the water often to cool off from there. There is where you find the most things. Nobody else can read this but you right? Don't want to give away any secrets. I had a lot of other toys and glasses but I usually don't show them. I think that Kap's Mr. Carrot was there that day. He helped a lot. I wish he would swim back south.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom