One more for the Gipper!

Ice Scratcher

Elite Member
The pirate in me decided I had one more water hunt in me for the season.. Even talked Sod Buster into the bone chilling water too.. He did not hunt as long as I did, my toes are still frozen after the 4 hours in the water today..

My goal after well over 70 rings was to find the one, you know, the ONE with the really big iceburg... Still didn't happen but I did scoop up rings #75 & 76..

The girls high school ring is 10K white, VDI of 46, 5.9 grams..

The other is a yellow and white men's band, 14K, 5.2 grams, VDI of 57...

Also found my first real dog tag!

Here are the pictures...

All the nails were because I wanted to make sure I was not missing chains, I guess I haven't been...

All of it...

IMG_4915_zps0f95386a.jpg

IMG_4921_zpsfe796682.jpg

IMG_4919_zpsc8130ce3.jpg

IMG_4918_zps84e35dc9.jpg

Thanks for looking, good luck, and stay warm!!!

<*)))>{

Congrats on pulling some great finds from the frigid waters! Sounds like the next couple days should be decent weather in MI. Maybe you'll pull that 'iceberg' from the water yet this season?

I can't believe you went in again! Totally worth it though, so I guess you made the right choice. Congrats on 2 more good ones. Those dog tags are cool too. Warm up those toesies now. Good luck on future hunts, you pirate you. : )

Haha another water hunt, what a surprise ;) I wouldn't be surprised if you went out again ;) Who knows what's out there! ;)

I knew you would be back in the water... it's just too tempting, right? :laughing::laughing::laughing: Congrats on the cool (literally and figuratively) finds! Always love to see your posts. Best of luck and stay as warm as you can.

Congratulations, nice rings, but that dogtag is the real score!
I have never seen one with NO religious preference before, that's interesting:?:

Congratulations, nice rings, but that dogtag is the real score!
I have never seen one with NO religious preference before, that's interesting:?:

Not as rare as you may think. I do not have a religious preference on mine.

But a dog tag in the Lake is pretty cool. Found a tag out here the other day. I was hoping it was old, but i found the kid was on Facebook. Haha

Nice rings though!! What's the water temp?

Not as rare as you may think. I do not have a religious preference on mine.

But a dog tag in the Lake is pretty cool. Found a tag out here the other day. I was hoping it was old, but i found the kid was on Facebook. Haha

Nice rings though!! What's the water temp?

I know back in the day when my dad went in the Navy and you told them no preference they would put Prot on it. I'll have to look at all mine and see if they have that and blood type on it. Freaked me out when I was a kid when my dad showed me what that notch on the old ones were for:shock:
Should have titled this one "Two more for the Gippers ARA shipment" Water is cold here. Where you are it's freezing:lol:

The dogtag probably dates to post WW2, although it is a 1939 pattern tag. Can't see the asn so cannot be sure on the date, but the "no religious preference" makes me think this is definately post 1945, as such marks were not used during WW2.

Kind Regards,
Simon

Back
Top Bottom