When you least expect it....

SalemScott

Forum Supporter
It seems like I find most of my gold when I'm thinking I won't get it. After working 120 hours in the past 2 weeks I finally got the chance to head out. I went last night with little luck. Today I figured I would take a ride along the coast and check out a new beach as well as check in on my favorite beach to see what the sand situation looked like. After driving by my favorite beach and thinking it looked hopelessly sanded in I hit another beach and came away with nothing. I figured what the heck, I'll give my beach a try. Within five minutes I get a typical gold range signal and was pumped to see that shine of gold. It doesn't have a mark on it, which I assume means it's an older ring. It has a clear purplish face, which the light shines through nicely. Set in this purple face are 5 small stones. What's your thoughts? Are these some type of diamond? I don't have much experience with diamonds but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they are real. I'll need to get them checked. The stones aren't very big but I was shocked to see the ring weigh up at 7.4 grams. It's a tiny ring that won't even fit on the end of my pinky finger. So what's your thoughts on this ring?

P.s. I tried to get a pic of the light shining through the ring but wasn't very successful at capturing it.:D

Tonight's music track, Audioslave....Doesn't remind me.

PB030001.JPG

PB030002.JPG

PB030003.JPG

WOW! That's one nice ring. I'd say 18K for sure, and it looks like amethyst with inset diamonds. Very old school. Let us know once you've had it checked out. Congrats on that very nice find. : )

That's one of the nicest older rings I have seen in quite a while... those diamonds look like mine cut congrats..

Very old and high caret Gold! :wow:

I can't help but be amazed at some of the things we find, Congrats! :cool:

nice grab there Scott!! looks like a keeper for sure. congrats on yet another good find. seems you've gone native now, and gave up dirt diggin lol.

That's funny, I almost headed to the woods this morning but it was showering here so I didn't feel like getting all wet. I'm currently on a gold-kick but I'm sure that yearning for a big copper will come-a-calling soon enough. :D

Thanks for all the comments so far. Because of the pics it looks like it's a big ring but it's far from it.:yes: I'm one step closer to my goal of finding enough gold to get a Sovereign GT. I'm so close I can taste it.

P.s. Turns out it tastes like dill pickles.:laughing:

Some of the most beautiful rings were the old ones...Nice catch...

Looks really old and really high karat. Congrats! I am guessing 22k, from what others look like that have been posted. That's got a really dark tone to it.

Back
Top Bottom