Nokta Simultaneous Multi Freq,,, What is the News?

Hello. Just wanted to chime in... we never declared a release date for the SMF device.. Spring 2019 was declared for our entry level detector and our scuba detector.

Thanks!

I'm very interested in a Nokta SMF detector. I have ZERO information on a release date. One source said, "Spring 2019".

What I can say is that I've been watching the inventory levels of the Anfibio Multi on Amazon. It looks like Nokta supplies them direct via Amazon. But the interesting thing is that Amazon inventory levels have been dropping steadily in the last two months. As of this post they show "Only 1 left in stock".

Now all that could mean nothing, but many times manufacturers try and sell out existing inventory before releasing a new product. That could be the case here.

Also I will point out that I would actually buy from a forum sponsor instead of Amazon. I just use Amazon since they're the only one that publishes inventory levels when items are nearly sold out. I'm sure some dealers here have a better handle on things, but they also may not be at liberty to say anything. I have no idea.

I'd personally love to see a good SMF competitor to the NOX.

-Joe

Nokta doesn't sell on Amazon. Anyone and everyone can sell on Amazon. You can set the stock number to whatever you want to set it to. They are widely in stock from all Nokta|Makro dealers. No SMF is coming out soon.

Why even make or release the anfibio just to turn around and release a SMF the next year?? Seems nokta puts out a new detector every year lately. Hard to believe that there is much engineering or R&D going into these machines. If you do it right the first time you don't need to redo it every year IE etrac and CTX and even equinox.

To be fair I just bought an anfibio multi and haven't even had time to test it out yet due to snow. Resale value if I dont like the machine will be shot now due to this upcoming release. Probably cant even give away a kruzer once anfibio multi and this SMF are on the market.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

First of all I own a Nokta Impact and think it's a very capable detector. The only thing that bothers me about Nokta/Makro as a company and I do feel it's presently a real issue is if they are actually two companies truly merged together they need to quit putting out detectors under two different brand names. It is not being true to customers to release two similar detectors under two different brand names on totally different time lines. Anfibio Multi and Multi Kruzer are prime examples of this. They release one then a little later they release another detector that looks super similar with almost the exact same features except for coils in the case of Anfibio/Kruzer. That's confusing to the buyer and to me kind of a shady way to do business. Just my opinion.

What I am getting at is there should have been either a Kruzer or Anfibio. Not both! There is absolutely no reason one should be better than the other or have different features or coils. Especially with the better one being a second release right on the heels of the inferior ones release.

Why even make or release the anfibio just to turn around and release a SMF the next year?? Seems nokta puts out a new detector every year lately. Hard to believe that there is much engineering or R&D going into these machines. If you do it right the first time you don't need to redo it every year IE etrac and CTX and even equinox.

To be fair I just bought an anfibio multi and haven't even had time to test it out yet due to snow. Resale value if I dont like the machine will be shot now due to this upcoming release. Probably cant even give away a kruzer once anfibio multi and this SMF are on the market.

So the only thing that destroys resale value is flooding the market with another mid to low price machine. Pretty convinced the equinox destroyed the resale value of my Etrac. But hey that's life.

Most people only buy another when they get bored with what they have or feel they can upgrade. They can create a new one every 6 months, if consumers won't buy, that will hit them in the cash box.

My opinion is the Nokta is a much more progressive company than the metal detector industry is used to. Let's face it, most metal detector manufacturers have milked old, 10+ year old technology to death rather than invest in developing newer technology. I for one would love to see newer and better equipment released every year.

Our detectors are just another segment of consumer electronics. I can't think of any other area of consumer electronics that is still relying on 10+ year old technology. One of the positive aspects of the industry is that products get better and better and usually the cost goes down.

As development of SMF technology improves I suspect we'll see detectors that show a pretty good representation of what's underground on high definition screens (not just a blob like we have today). That's probably only a couple of product generations away.

Now if they get really good they'll tell me the date on the coin before I dig it. lol

-Joe

What I can say is that I've been watching the inventory levels of the Anfibio Multi on Amazon. It looks like Nokta supplies them direct via Amazon. But the interesting thing is that Amazon inventory levels have been dropping steadily in the last two months. As of this post they show "Only 1 left in stock".

Now all that could mean nothing, but many times manufacturers try and sell out existing inventory before releasing a new product. That could be the case here.

Anyone and everyone can sell on Amazon. You can set the stock number to whatever you want to set it to.

The "only 1 left in stock...order soon!" tag you see on Amazon is a known marketing strategy/gimmick, intended to capitalize on impulse buyers. Those kinds of tags effectively do two things simultaneously - it creates a sense that the product is in high demand, and encourages impulse buying by strongly suggesting that "you'll miss out if you don't buy RIGHT NOW - don't think, just buy!"

DetectingMO has it right - the stock number on Amazon is meaningless in terms of trying to determine market metrics.

Nokta/Makro just trying to keep up and surpass the Jones with new products. The Kruzer and the Anfibio are just two product lines at different price points with different features. No different than buying any other line of products. For example, looking at fishing reels a manufacturer line can go from $25.00 to $400.00............

Buying an Anfibio, nothing not to like about it, doubt the resale value will dwindle just because Nokta is coming out with a simul. muti- frequency machine sometime in the very near future. Don't worry about losing on money spent, it will pay for itself in short order. And really nothing not to like about the Anfibio, it really is that good of a machine, don't think you will be selling it too soon once you see what it can do and what you can do with it. And just a big tip, get a 7" concentric coil for it. By the way if you try the Anfibio for a good month to learn the ins and outs with it, you may be selling any other detectors you own. It can replace many...... Happy Hunting when the weather breaks.

7 " coil

Nokta/Makro just trying to keep up and surpass the Jones with new products. The Kruzer and the Anfibio are just two product lines at different price points with different features. No different than buying any other line of products. For example, looking at fishing reels a manufacturer line can go from $25.00 to $400.00............

Buying an Anfibio, nothing not to like about it, doubt the resale value will dwindle just because Nokta is coming out with a simul. muti- frequency machine sometime in the very near future. Don't worry about losing on money spent, it will pay for itself in short order. And really nothing not to like about the Anfibio, it really is that good of a machine, don't think you will be selling it too soon once you see what it can do and what you can do with it. And just a big tip, get a 7" concentric coil for it. By the way if you try the Anfibio for a good month to learn the ins and outs with it, you may be selling any other detectors you own. It can replace many...... Happy Hunting when the weather breaks.

Hey Sven. Do you prefer the 7" coil over the stock coil? If so, why? I assume you are giving up some depth??? I am still in the early stages of learning my Anfibio. It sure seems to be a very hot/sensitive machine. I feel like I need to start carrying a shovel, rather than my hand digger.

Hard to believe that there is much engineering or R&D going into these machines.

They have governmental funding/backing that lets the invest more in R&D than a company using their own profits has.

When US companies do this it seems they go downhill. USPS, Amtrack, Auto Industry, etc. But it has only made them better...not complacent.

Back
Top Bottom