Southbay Reports 2-19-2019

Pyriteboy

The wind and swell finally bent around to the right angle so it was time to hit the sand.....Picture on the left is from Sunday, where it was non-stop target practice on the clad, but no heavies; only managed a 1964 dime.

Picture on the right is from yesterday.....I got tired of digging clad and was on my way home when a small sinker came out of the sand. I did a grid of the area and started pulling out more lead-now I could smell gold, but as you see, I just could not close the deal and came away with 2 silver rings. My back and shoulder were hurting bad so I had to walk away with good targets still in the ground. Perhaps today I'll go back with the TDI set for low conductor and see what happens.

Jerry

Attachments

• DSCN8817.jpg
    DSCN8817.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 257
  • DSCN8818.jpg
    DSCN8818.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 226
I would call that a real bonanza compared to my Meagher beach finds lately. They completely renourished my favorite beach. Hit another one for three and a half hours for one measly clad quarter. I need some erosion desperately.

To have all that lead after working the area and for gold not to show up is disappointing - nice going on the silvers though!

thanx for the CA report. I got a 6 gram platinum band yesterday from Carmel Beach. As a result of some residual damp scallop spots that were still lingering from the SW swell we had a few days ago. But other than that: Just 57 coins and a few pesky silver pieces of jewelry.

The wind and swell finally bent around to the right angle so it was time to hit the sand.....Picture on the left is from Sunday, where it was non-stop target practice on the clad, but no heavies; only managed a 1964 dime.

Picture on the right is from yesterday.....I got tired of digging clad and was on my way home when a small sinker came out of the sand. I did a grid of the area and started pulling out more lead-now I could smell gold, but as you see, I just could not close the deal and came away with 2 silver rings. My back and shoulder were hurting bad so I had to walk away with good targets still in the ground. Perhaps today I'll go back with the TDI set for low conductor and see what happens.

Jerry

Hey you did the right thing though. Nice work! You found a spot with heavy targets and started gridding the area. Congrats on the silver. I'd take that any day.

thanx for the CA report. I got a 6 gram platinum band yesterday from Carmel Beach. Just 57 coins and a few pesky silver pieces of jewelry.

Pesky silver??? Oh no, silver is like gold in my town....I guess those platinum finds are spoiling you Tom :lol: But congrats none the less.

Cool finds Jerry! I wish I could get down to Huntington Beach but surgery has left me out in the cold. The cold in SoCal had frost on the ground this AM.

Back
Top Bottom