which is the deepest detector for gold relics?

naumoski

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a search detector only for Gold or rather that it discriminates gold better.

I'm looking for a detector that is as deep as possible but I'm only interested in finding gold objects. (no nuggets)

I would like to know if there are detectors deeper than the CTX 3030 only for the search of gold relics.

Thanks.

Last edited:
You need to realize that finding only gold relics is not possible. If it were everyone in the world would be out there with that magic stick doing it.

Gold relics can come in anywhere on the VDI scale depending on purity and size. What does that mean? You have to dig every target detected to find it. Sounds easy huh? Plenty of tin foil....aluminum....bottle caps......pull tabs.

Gold nuggets on the other hand are a different story. Usually hunted with a high frequency detector. But then again you will dig plenty of tiny little objects.

Educate yourself and enjoy the hobby.

As goodmore posted we could only dream of such a detector with todays technology. But, there are a few things you can do that can increase the odds of finding gold.

1. Simple, go where the gold is most likely to be lost. Beaches, Swimming holes and tot lots. Schools also tend to have a much higher gold to trash ratio but you'll still dig a fair amount of junk to get the gold.

2. Unlike most trash that shows up in the gold range, which by the way on my detectors has 90% of the time been between 0-18. Bigger rings I have seem people say ring up near penny, but personally I have NEVER dug a piece of gold above 18 on my DFX. Anyway, listening for the solid tones and steady VDI can also increase your odds. If the VDI/Target ID display jumps erratically from 4 to 32 you can be pretty sure its not gold. In most cases gold will maintain a tight narrow set of numbers.

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a search detector only for Gold or rather that it discriminates gold better.

I'm looking for a detector that is as deep as possible but I'm only interested in finding gold objects. (no nuggets)

I would like to know if there are detectors deeper than the CTX 3030 only for the search of gold relics.

Thanks.

There is NO detector that identifies gold for what it is exaclty.
Things like pull tabs, smaller aluminum, platinum, and other lower conductive can mimick how actual gold jewelry can on a VLF and pulse inductive detector.

There are better detectors on average for finding items jewelry size made of gold. There are detectors that are better on average for finding the smallest of gold jewelry items.

A pulse inductive unit is a deep unit with limited discrimination as far as the conductive range of whatever target it detects. They tend to favor lower conductors for depth. They usually cost more, they get more depth generally in higher mineral soil and salt water applications. Learning curve steeper vs using typical VLF detector.

VLF detectors operating in say the mid teens range 13-15 kHz can find gold rings in places. Units with higher operating freqs can find smaller parts of gold jewelry. Units operating at less than 10khz can have a disadvantage for gold cos those that run higher.

There are a lot of units available to satisfy your need as far a small locating gold items of jewelry. But finding these you WILL have to dig junk items.

So study up on the VLF detectors and see which ones fit your budget and have the features you want and or like.

Good luck in your quest.

Gold is

A surprise for anyone and everyone that metal detects no matter the detector make or model old or new. Anyone that says different probably also sells detectors at his car lot.

Back
Top Bottom