Is anybody using a handheld GPS ?

DbblTap

Elite Member
Anybody using a handheld GPS to mark their finds ?

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

That's definitely taking it to another level. I usually just keep track of life guard stations or streets to mark my hunted areas. What do you hope you will learn from using a GPS?

The CTX does this for you by just pressing a button. Its very useful for a few reasons...showing patterns, keeping track of where you were on a new dig, etc.

I hope to learn I maybe hitting the same spot too many times and not trying a new spot. I got one coming to me I hope before the end of the week and will play around with it and see if it can be used as a tool.
That's definitely taking it to another level. I usually just keep track of life guard stations or streets to mark my hunted areas. What do you hope you will learn from using a GPS?

Maybe im odd, but i tend to remember SPOTS on the beach that produces...... every beach seems to have them. I guess it has to do with the natural long shore drift. So .... no i dont keep track of finds with a GPS. If i was dirt hunting that could be interesting over a period of years. No log here either...... i just get out and enjoy the hobby......... others might be a little more obsessive.

Dew

GPS? Not most of us...We can take you right to the inch location of some of our finds from long ago..blindfolded....thats important right? especially if theres a satellite problem or a Polar magnetic shift?...I'll use GPS coordinants to find a gas station or a pizza shop....

I got a handheld GPS delivered about a hour ago. This is not even close to top of the line and did not cost much.
Just playing around I can see how it can help keep track of stuff I found or to get back to where I found something to getting back to where I parked.

Been playing around with the handheld GPS and the idea of marking what I found where I like.
There is a way to save your finds in the computer via the software.

Still have to play around with it.

Back
Top Bottom