Do you use an elliptical coil on your excalibur?

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
If so. Which coil size? Improvement over the stock coils,etc? Do you get less null in iron, etc? Thinking about selling my V3i and modding a couple used excals. Not in a real hurry since its just now winter time. But during summer I prefer being in the water since its too freaking hot here to land detect much:lol: I've seen Whites BHID 300's modded with SEF coils. May try that too on my BHID?

Traitor!

j/k, I'm about to sell mine also... I don't need no stinkin' ID numbers. :lol:

Problem with going with a bigger SEF coil is the extra drag in the water, the 12x15 SEF is stopped in its tracks when going against the water movement. Unless you are talking about the smaller SEF coils, which coil be nice in trashy areas.

Traitor!

j/k, I'm about to sell mine also... I don't need no stinkin' ID numbers. :lol:

Problem with going with a bigger SEF coil is the extra drag in the water, the 12x15 SEF is stopped in its tracks when going against the water movement. Unless you are talking about the smaller SEF coils, which coil be nice in trashy areas.

Smaller coils. I'm not familiar with the NEL coils yet. I'm thinking right now like an 8"x6". problem with the V3i is I know it will start looking like my first DFX after saltwater hunting. And inland you sweat all over one which is worse than beach hunting.

Got a SEF 10x12 on order so hopefully I can give you some feedback in the next couple weeks. I was also talking to Andrey at NEL and he says they are just in the prototype stage with their Hunter model for Sov/Excal. I really like the size and shape of that coil so it will be interesting to see what kind of feedback it gets once it come out.

Got a SEF 10x12 on order so hopefully I can give you some feedback in the next couple weeks. I was also talking to Andrey at NEL and he says they are just in the prototype stage with their Hunter model for Sov/Excal. I really like the size and shape of that coil so it will be interesting to see what kind of feedback it gets once it come out.

I'll be on their waiting list:D

Don't like elipticals unless they are really thin relative to how long they are. I would get something like that, otherwise, a small round coil.

Back
Top Bottom