Which is the best selling detector? Entry, mid and high priced?

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
Getting real sales figures on which metal detectors are the best sellers is almost impossible for us to know.

Yes, someone working at Kellyco Detectors sales or accounting department knows the percentages of their best sellers, but that information is rarely shared.

So we are left with educated guesses. Of the two more popular (I think) mid-ranged priced detectors, I have owned two. The AT Pro and the Equinox 800.
Loved the AT Pro. If you have the money it is a great learning detector.

I also now love the Nox 800, but not at first. Took me a long time to learn how to use it according to its potential.

So you can see my overall knowledge of other metal detectors is basically zero from actual experience of using other detectors.

I do know that there are people fiercely loyal to their own brand and model of detectors and that often makes unbiased comparisons hard to come by.

So for the sake of this discussion lets just vote on three categories and yes you can say why you nominated a brand/model. But just vote for your entry, and don't trash any competing models. That really is not allowed under the rules of this forum. I repeat, that is not allowed under the rules of this forum.

a: entry level $300 to $499.
b. mid-level $500 - $999.
c. High-level $1,000 to $4,000

My guess is bounty hunter and Garrett Ace models dominate the entry level.
My guess is that the AT Pro/Max and Equinox dominate the mid-level.
My guess is that Minelab dominates the high end level.

I am pretty sure about my entry level guess. But the next two levels I could be completely off.

Why don't you just call kelly co up and ask ?

I'll end this quick, the Garrett at pro is the best selling new machine still, regardless of price or grade..and the only machine that still holds its value in the real world.
Real world meaning outside this forum, common folk.

I could not sell a etrac, xterra, equinox or Fisher on any local sites I have for my community, period..I put any AT PRO up and it's gone within hours, $350 to $400 cash regardless of age ..

I'll end this quick, the Garrett at pro is the best selling new machine still, regardless of price or grade..and the only machine that still holds its value in the real world.
Real world meaning outside this forum, common folk.

I could not sell a etrac, xterra, equinox or Fisher on any local sites I have for my community, period..I put any AT PRO up and it's gone within hours, $350 to $400 cash regardless of age ..

:roll:

Depends on the type of hunting you do. Prospecting, coin hunting, relics, salt water beaches, fresh water beaches, scuba diving, etc.

I'll end this quick, I could not sell a etrac, xterra, equinox or Fisher on any local sites I have for my community, period..I put any AT PRO up and it's gone within hours, $350 to $400 cash regardless of age ..

I just sold an Equinox within a day of advertising on this very site.

I just sold an Equinox within a day of advertising on this very site.

Yea, I was meaning western Pennsylvania as my community., outside of the forums..
I'm not insinuating the others machines aren't just as good or better, im just saying I've been buying and selling alot and those are my results outside of the forums

Back
Top Bottom