Forum Supporter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUxAxkRJdHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb5BIah9mOU

Model Comparison chart https://www.minelab.com/usa/vanquish-series

Metal Detectors
Minelab Vanquish 340 - priced $199
Minelab Vanquish 440 - priced $279
Minelab Vanquish 540 - $369

In the Kellycodetectors.com pre-order section for the model 450 they price it at $499. but scroll down to the table under "you may also like" and it is priced at $369. Wonder which is correct?

Here is the page, see for yourself:
https://www.kellycodetectors.com/catalog/minelab-vanquish-540-pro-metal-detector?sscid=91k3_c0cd6&

The VANQUISH 340 is a great starter coin and treasure detector that includes a 10” coil.

The VANQUISH 440 offers all the detecting essentials, including a set of wired headphones and 10” coil.

The Bluetooth enabled VANQUISH 540 and 540 Pro Pack offer the most versatility with the added red LED backlight functionality, 10-volume control settings, headphone accessories and advanced settings.

The VANQUISH 540 includes one waterproof 12” coil, wired headphones,

while the VANQUISH 540 Pro Pack includes two waterproof coils, the 8” and 12” and wireless headphones.

Attachments

• minelabvanquish.jpg
    minelabvanquish.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,842
  • vanquish540specs.jpg
    vanquish540specs.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 2,214
  • vanquis540face.jpg
    vanquis540face.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,953
  • kellycovanquishpricechart.jpg
    kellycovanquishpricechart.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,806
Last edited:
As P.T. Barnum used to say, "There's a sucker born every minute". Keep releasing a new detector every few months and some sap will just have to have it. Apple has made billions on this concept. Sorry, not interested in yet another "must have" metal detector.

As P.T. Barnum used to say, "There's a sucker born every minute". Keep releasing a new detector every few months and some sap will just have to have it. Apple has made billions on this concept. Sorry, not interested in yet another "must have" metal detector.

Not aimed at the more advanced detectorist, but the newbie just like Garrett has been cleaning up for years with their Ace line. But now the newbie will have a multi-frequency detector to start with. This may hurt some 600 sales, but what the heck, all the money still goes to Minelab.

I can hear the pitter patter of little feet all rushing to get one. And then there'll be a thousand Vanquish videos on YouTube. BUT, that's what marketing is all about. Time will tell how good it is....(or isn't).

Nobody's saying it's the next "must have" detector. They've created an option for the entry level crowd as well as experienced detectorists who want the Multi IQ tech, don't don't want/need to spend their money on a Nox, and are OK with fewer customizable settings. It could also make for a good travel or back up detector for somebody with a Nox. What's so bad about that?

First let me say I don't have a problem with companies trying to develop better and more advanced products, but it is funny that Apple came to mind to me also, it seems like it hasn't been all that long since they came out with the iPhone 10 and now they are already pushing the iPhone 11 ? :laughing:

What's so bad about that?

The newbie detectorist is already overwhelmed with the ridiculous number of metal detectors out there. Do we really need three more? Of course not. As with Apple, it will all come to a screeching halt one day soon. Flooding the market with a new product every few months until the consumer says "enough" is not a good game plan for the health of this hobby.

This may hurt some 600 sales, but what the heck, all the money still goes to Minelab.

Based on what I see in the early tech specs, somebody would still pick the Nox 600 over the Vanquish 540 if they

-want to submerge the detector.
-want the option of 25 tones of audio and not just 5
-want a way to adjust the audio characteristics of tone region 1
-want to run in single frequency modes and not just multi-mode
-want more precision in adjusting iron bias
-want a way to adjust recovery speed
-want more precise notching/descrimination of target IDs.
-want more precise volume and sensitivity adjustments
-want more default search modes (i.e., park 1 versus 2) that use different weightings of the multi-frequencies.

Theres nothing wrong with having a choice, its an entry level MD that will no doubt recruit loyal customers who will buy from Minelab in the future.

Minelab needed a good entry level machine..The equinox filled the mid range level and the etrac / 3030 fill the professional level..So it's a good move for minelab imo

Kellyco is taking pre-order with prices. I'm no more impressed with what little I read than the stupid job they did with the advertising videos

First let me say I don't have a problem with companies trying to develop better and more advanced products, but it is funny that Apple came to mind to me also, it seems like it hasn't been all that long since they came out with the iPhone 10 and now they are already pushing the iPhone 11 ? :laughing:

Number #11 coming up and here I am and will stay with my Jitterbug. :laughing: I did enjoy the infomercial though , pretty dramatic !
Perhaps , it will come up for consideration for an academy award nomination ?:D

The pic on OP's post of the face of the detector is different from all the pics I'm seeing on dealer websites and in the videos. Which one is the real Vanquish face?

Number #11 coming up and here I am and will stay with my Jitterbug. :laughing: I did enjoy the infomercial though , pretty dramatic !
Perhaps , it will come up for consideration for an academy award nomination ?:D

:laughing:

Just checked iPhone 11 price - about $700 :shock:

My LG Stylo 4 Android phone with 6.2 inch screen, 32GB internal storage, 3GB ram, Stylus pen included and much more - I got it on a special sale for about $160 (unlocked phone - no contract required)
(it's almost like having a portable tablet computer)

Here we go again! Won't be available until early 2020! Lol! They'll be backordered and you'll get one by May 2020.

I see nothing special about them at all. Cheapest one is 200 bucks and the 540 is 370 bucks. Nice and bright red so everyone will spot you detecting from 100 yards away!

Can't wait to see how the Minelab dealers who post here will try to sell this one. Going to be a tough sell, dealers!

Back
Top Bottom