Quick Triple Silver Hunt. #63, #64, and #65 FTY

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
Was driving home from work and detoured into an old neighborhood. Saw an older house with the grass all tore out. The owner and 2 younger boys were out on the step. I stopped and introduced myself and asked if I could detect their yard while it was in transition. The owner gave me the go ahead. I was fighting daylight and wish I had had more time. My first signal was a spill of 1964 quarter, 1964 dime and three 1964 pennies. The digging was easy, and fast and furious. Every once and a while, I'd see the shades open and see the two boys peeking out the window at me. I dug about 40 clad coins (5 or 6 were wheats) and also recovered another silver coin. 1943 Merc. Before I left, I knocked on the door to show them what I had found. The owner and the kids were flabbergasted at the amount of coins I had dug in just under an hour. It's really fun to talk about detecting when you have an interested, captive, audience. Of course I also found a nice, old, brass hose nozzle too! I gave the whole lot of coins to the kids (including the Merc) and kept the silver quarter and dime for myself. I did take a picture of the Merc by the porchlight. Those old yards sure are fun to search. No trash to speak of! I missed a lot of signals going so fast, but I did find a couple keepers! Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 20181029_184448_resized.jpg
    20181029_184448_resized.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 289
  • 20181029_202608_resized.jpg
    20181029_202608_resized.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 284
Man...You are killin' it this year with those last two hunts. And you made some lifelong friends on this one. I'm Beginning to think you're more of a nice guy than a pirate!::grin:
Congratulations

Good job seizing an opportunity, hitting it hard and fast, recognizing your audience, and sharing the spoils! Glad you kept a couple for yourself. Great report!

Almost forgot...Huge congrats on adding to your nozzle collection! :yes:

Man...You are killin' it this year with those last two hunts. And you made some lifelong friends on this one. I'm Beginning to think you're more of a nice guy than a pirate!::grin:
Congratulations

Guilty. I'm just a nice guy.

Back
Top Bottom