Insuring a Detector From Loss or Theft

Treasure Quest

I have an "articles" policy through State Farm that covers our jewelry, laptop computer, cameras etc. from loss or theft. I thought it would be wise to add my Equinox 800. There are times where it's in a hotel room, in the car while I run into a store before or after a hunt, that kind of thing. So I call State Farm and they said they would not cover metal detectors, but it would be covered under our home owners policy. Well, that deductible is as much as a new 800.

Do any of you have a policy to cover your machine from loss or theft? If so, what insurance company are you with?

insurance

I have an "articles" policy through State Farm that covers our jewelry, laptop computer, cameras etc. from loss or theft. I thought it would be wise to add my Equinox 800. There are times where it's in a hotel room, in the car while I run into a store before or after a hunt, that kind of thing. So I call State Farm and they said they would not cover metal detectors, but it would be covered under our home owners policy. Well, that deductible is as much as a new 800.

Do any of you have a policy to cover your machine from loss or theft? If so, what insurance company are you with?
interesting subject have considered getting some on my equipment.

Never really thought about it but I have a friend that has the same drone as me and he crashed it and he had coverage on it with state farm and they covered the repairs about 700 dollars worth. Only cost him 42 dollars a year to cover it. Wish I'd know about it. LOL

Insurance or not at least write down the serial number and also engrave an identifying marking that you can use to prove ownership if recovered.

Back
Top Bottom