• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Impossible Clad Counts and Other Bogus Threads

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
The powers that be have deleted a few of my posts and I am sure with good reason in their eyes. After all they run this site not me.

I understand that this is a FRIENDLY site but to the posters that think people with over 20 years of detecting can't see through cwap, you are very mistaken.

However, you're not harming anyone but yourself except maybe giving new people a false hope that they can go out and find a hundred dollars fast with a machine.

We have a poster that has claimed to have found over 639.00 in less than 110. days. That is equal to 23 quarters each and every one of those days. And if they are smaller denominations than a quarter that is a ton more change.

In private PM's I have been called an idiot and other things. At least I am an honest idiot and I tell the truth.

BUT, these hallucinations are not actually going to hurt anyone. So I will learn to be silent and just laugh and move on.

The dangerous posts of lifting over 100lbs of metal out of a hole in the water wading I might sill comment on. But at least I give the moderators a heads up and let them know I might be out of line.

Heck I maybe shouldn't even be concerned for safety EXCEPT I know of 3 deaths while water hunting including a very good friend.

So I will stay off the BS posts, the posts I know are not gold that people say is, and let you super detectorists that know and find everything keep your glory.

One thing I won't do is leave because some people want to know the truth and know what is really possible to find on land and in the water.

Nobody has to comment on this thread. No need to try to prove you are digging up hundreds of dollars in change. I just had to vent.

Last edited:
I agree good post SD----I just don't don't respond to what I think is BS Post---

It's the web scuba...some folks like to embellish their achievements to keep up with the joneses....:wow:....

And, I swear, I did not get one single signal off of that swim beach...smiles.

HDD

Very good post, couldn't have said it better. I only get around $200 a year in clad and I thought I was doing good;)

Worst onei ever saw was one where someone said they found over $1000 in clad and the picture of the fresh clad was supposedly all polished with wd40. I sort of hate telling someone that gold ring is junk. But if you don't they'll find out the hard way when they get behind on their car payment and send it to ARA

Worst onei ever saw was one where someone said they found over $1000 in clad and the picture of the fresh clad was supposedly all polished with wd40.

Was that the one who also dug the cache of 1970- 1973 "silver dollars" in a deteriorated leather bag and they looked like they were just minted. :lol: I especially like the nice shiny piles of clad that some say they dug.

Great post..... Well said

All that money out there and here I was happy with my dollar ( usually less, just look at the couple of post that I have put on here). Silly me...

Sorry to hear you took flack about stating the obvious, i think most of us can get an idea of if something is a probable find or not...

Sorry to hear you took flack about stating the obvious, i think most of us can get an idea of if something is a probable find or not...

I just wish everyone could. It's so annoying to see someone come in and post something like "I just found the holy grail" and there will undoubtedly be plenty to come in with "good job!" "That's amazing", and be serious about it. :?:

As someone who only got serious a short time ago, I joined to glean some knowledge from those who had been at it for longer than I. It did not take me long to realize that some of what I read was pure bunk. I still read, but I will look at the content and consider the veracity of the information when I start seeing what I consider improbable (impossible?) numbers and claims.

I agree. There are to many bogus posts. All it hurts is the poster cause we all know they are full of it. It gets me that people think we can not see the garbage in a post and the ones that think they will pull the wool over our eyes.

I was going to post the link to the thread Scuba was talking about, But after checking he is still an active posting member and do not think it would be appropriate to single out one person as an example. We just have to take some post with a grain (or two) of salt.

If the guy was from Japan then I can definitely believe he dug $639 in 110 days. If he's from somewhere else then, yeah, that's a lot of digging. :lol:

I was ready to hang my detectors up. I've been hunting for around thirty years and I don't find that much. Maybe I've finally about cleaned that park out.

Back
Top Bottom