Going John Wayne on raccoons!!!!

for the work of a skunk. Scooter Jim has the right idea except I would use a near empty jar of peanut butter. In fact, the skunks' olfactory sense is so keen you can place it a mile away from your area (preferably across a minimum of two major roadways) The perp will sniff it out, and should he survive the journey to the legume and sugary treat he will at least be out of your neighborhood.
Yeah, with it’s head stuck in the peanut butter jar. I’ve seen it happen, not too humane.

Don't go John Wayne - go Wile Coyote!

Spring load one of those plugs when when the varmint steps on it, he gets launched into the lake :laughing:

With my luck I would be setting it up and I would end up in the lake.:lol:

Put a chunk of Barr Bait or Tom Cat rat and mouse killer in the hole. Just make sure there aren't any dogs running lose in the area.

Yes. But mothball flakes. And do not bury, sprinkle just a few on the surface after replacing your plug. (I have used this on my property, after Racoons and Possums would reopen holes)

Maybe bury mothballs.

These all sound like good ideas but this is a public area so I could not use anything that would be toxic or lethal. Thanks for your suggestions.

I have been doing some reading online and it has been suggested to use black pepper cayenne pepper which would irritate their nose or boiled garlic and make juice to help cover up the smell of fresh dug dirt.

I have noticed that the majority of the plugs pulled out have not been in the open areas but areas that are closest to the Woodline and the water's edge. Those plugs seem to have been in dryer dirt if I wait till the dirt is more moist maybe it will pack better and seal around the edges when I step on the plug. Thanks for all the input.

Back
Top Bottom