Highly affuent area near me.

Also, the best luck I've had is detecting at friends, family and neighbors yards.....that is, if they are pre-1965. At least then you'll have a good chance to find some silver and older coins. I've come across a few rings going that route as well.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

They stopped making silver coins in 1964, but people still spending them. Were still kind of common through the 70's. Watch your change, you occasionally still pick one up. Plenty of people buy rolls of coins from banks, just to sort through, and get lucky often enough to keep it interesting (can think of many other things to do myself).

Just because it's a newer house, doesn't really tell what was sitting there before, or what the land was used for. Old houses can't always be fixed up, some people just want modern. Got to figure old houses have been a focus of treasure hunters, since the hobby began, might have been hit pretty hard over the decades.

Hunt where you can, and just have fun.

They stopped making silver coins in 1964, but people still spending them. Were still kind of common through the 70's. Watch your change, you occasionally still pick one up. Plenty of people buy rolls of coins from banks, just to sort through, and get lucky often enough to keep it interesting (can think of many other things to do myself).

Just because it's a newer house, doesn't really tell what was sitting there before, or what the land was used for. Old houses can't always be fixed up, some people just want modern. Got to figure old houses have been a focus of treasure hunters, since the hobby began, might have been hit pretty hard over the decades.

Hunt where you can, and just have fun.

Thanks! Did coin roll hunting for awhile till it bored me. Found several good 1/2 dollars while doing it though, just hard to find places in my area to dump the clad after looking. So I gave up on that.

I was thinking even of offering my services for free to the residents of the community, like give the city or police chief my phone number so if a resident loses something on their property they can call and I can help them retrieve it as a trade off. To me, that would be worth it. The residents there aren't going to let me on their private property anyways. If it keeps my foot in the door for sweeping the playgrounds, elementary school recess areas, and maybe the non restricted parks every once in a while - I think that would be a win win.

Regarding the police. They generally don't mind people with detectors, they are after sneaky-looking criminals not some fruit with a metal detector. Most I've met are quite friendly and some have offered up places to go detecting.

The ones you have to worry about are the retirees, the little bitties, the grumpy old men, they are the whistle blowing militia and they are determined to stop you.

Regarding the police. They generally don't mind people with detectors, they are after sneaky-looking criminals not some fruit with a metal detector. Most I've met are quite friendly and some have offered up places to go detecting.

The ones you have to worry about are the retirees, the little bitties, the grumpy old men, they are the whistle blowing militia and they are determined to stop you.

I'll find out really soon. I have 2 weeks staycation coming up starting Monday, so I'll begin sweeping the area early morning just to see what targets register. I'll have to be all incognito and stealth like! :hide:

I'll find out really soon. I have 2 weeks staycation coming up starting Monday, so I'll begin sweeping the area early morning just to see what targets register. I'll have to be all incognito and stealth like! :hide:

Cool! Its takes a few years to really get to know your 20 mile radius of hunting areas there MrN...Just sniffing around via satellite when you have nothing better to do opens up some hidden Worlds...You can quickly and effectively plot a fast early morning run and hit the primo areas if you look at them via Eagle eye and try to figure out the drop zones..then zip over there and quickly see if your assumptions are correct....Like along the parking lot edges and entrances to churches/schools/malls/healthclubs/totters...

You just gotta tell yourself, "I am an Okovango Croc, I'm silent and deadly! Top shelf metal predator!" Its all about finding the ever changing Wildebeast river crossings...like us, big old crocs learn this over time, ..All you gotta do is get up early and be serious...Plus, you gotta be slightly smarter than a lizard and have a drivers license to succeed in this sport!! :laughing::laughing:
Mud

Cool! Its takes a few years to really get to know your 20 mile radius of hunting areas there MrN...Just sniffing around via satellite when you have nothing better to do opens up some hidden Worlds...You can quickly and effectively plot a fast early morning run and hit the primo areas if you look at them via Eagle eye and try to figure out the drop zones..then zip over there and quickly see if your assumptions are correct....Like along the parking lot edges and entrances to churches/schools/malls/healthclubs/totters...

You just gotta tell yourself, "I am an Okovango Croc, I'm silent and deadly! Top shelf metal predator!" Its all about finding the ever changing Wildebeast river crossings...like us, big old crocs learn this over time, ..All you gotta do is get up early and be serious...Plus, you gotta be slightly smarter than a lizard and have a drivers license to succeed in this sport!! :laughing::laughing:
Mud

I use Google earth a lot already, for my other hobby fishing. I'm just now using it to plot potential targets detecting. It's a great resource to find several spots within close proximity to each other. I've been pounding the tot lots close together using that.

Funny you say that, my DL just expired today! It's my birthday so I finally have to get it renewed and actually go in and take the eye exam, no renewal online this year. I've had the same pic on my DL for about 15 years now by renewing online. It's the younger, more suave - me! LOL!

Happy Birthday!

I appreciate it! The older I get the less birthdays mean to me. Maybe once I'm older and retired, they'll mean more to me like they did when I was younger but for now it's just another day at work. Soon enough I'll be all like 90 years old in my wheelchair and still sayin' "Get off my lawn, kid!" :laughing:

I appreciate it! The older I get the less birthdays mean to me. Maybe once I'm older and retired, they'll mean more to me like they did when I was younger but for now it's just another day at work. Soon enough I'll be all like 90 years old in my wheelchair and still sayin' "Get off my lawn, kid!" :laughing:

What? Happy B day MrN! Act twice your age and get the senior citizen discounts!:laughing::laughing: Now, Get the hell off of my lawn! :laughing:
Mud

Back
Top Bottom