Who is the person to contact at the County/City Level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been over this thread for a long time now but it keeps coming back like a bad penny :laughing:

BCD

Yep, as long as Tom is a member, he we continue to promote his agenda. He pretty much spams all the metal detecting forums, with the same bad advice. I like this forum, Tom is the one exception, and should have been on vacation years ago. He's just very good at playing his little game, feeds off the goodwill of others. I don't like being associated with Tom's crusade, but I'm not willing to leave the best forum on the internet, because of him, and his Colorado friend's games. Can only post my opposition, and hope the powers that run this site, will end the games Tom plays.

There is no need to join a forum, to read the posts. A Google search will take you right there, as a guest. Pretty sure Tom uses the same name for all forums, so he pops up most frequently. It's one thing to offer advice, a whole different thing, to argue and fight over it's merits.

Yep, as long as Tom is a member, he we continue to promote his agenda. He pretty much spams all the metal detecting forums, with the same bad advice. I like this forum, Tom is the one exception, and should have been on vacation years ago. He's just very good at playing his little game, feeds off the goodwill of others. I don't like being associated with Tom's crusade, but I'm not willing to leave the best forum on the internet, because of him, and his Colorado friend's games. Can only post my opposition, and hope the powers that run this site, will end the games Tom plays.
There is no need to join a forum, to read the posts. A Google search will take you right there, as a guest. Pretty sure Tom uses the same name for all forums, so he pops up most frequently. It's one thing to offer advice, a whole different thing, to argue and fight over it's merits.

Being the "Colorado friend" you have referred to, I'm offended and insulted that you think I play games. The law and its interpretation is no game. I do share my opinions when I choose to, especially in the permission forum. Unfortunately harv, you do not get to post offensive, insulting comments with impunity.

Rudy wrote the following post:

Dear members,

The first sentence in our forum rules read: "The purpose of this forum is to create a "relaxed, friendly" atmosphere to discuss our favorite hobby of metal detecting."

Lately, there have been too many instances of rather unfriendly and rude responses to members, some, downright insulting. This state of affairs must be stopped and the friendly environment of this forum restored. Repeated warnings to the perpetrators have not worked and the same cast of characters has continued their destructive behavior.

Since friendly persuasion on the part of the Moderators and Administrators have not worked, we will start handing out 30 day vacations to anyone that makes a post of an insulting nature, or one designed to ridicule, or attack, another forum member, even if in jest. Same will apply to the chat rooms.

We are sorry that these measures are necessary to restore the friendly atmosphere that is the epitome of this forum.

Just presenting the documented facts for review by the moderators.

Being the "Colorado friend" you have referred to, I'm offended and insulted that you think I play games. The law and its interpretation is no game. I do share my opinions when I choose to, especially in the permission forum. Unfortunately harv, you do not get to post offensive, insulting comments with impunity.

Rudy wrote the following post:

Dear members,

The first sentence in our forum rules read: "The purpose of this forum is to create a "relaxed, friendly" atmosphere to discuss our favorite hobby of metal detecting."

Lately, there have been too many instances of rather unfriendly and rude responses to members, some, downright insulting. This state of affairs must be stopped and the friendly environment of this forum restored. Repeated warnings to the perpetrators have not worked and the same cast of characters has continued their destructive behavior.

Since friendly persuasion on the part of the Moderators and Administrators have not worked, we will start handing out 30 day vacations to anyone that makes a post of an insulting nature, or one designed to ridicule, or attack, another forum member, even if in jest. Same will apply to the chat rooms.

We are sorry that these measures are necessary to restore the friendly atmosphere that is the epitome of this forum.

Just presenting the documented facts for review by the moderators.

Thank you for the read.. your opinion is noted.

Tom doesn't seem to agree with yours at this time.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showpost.php?p=2575740&postcount=30

cfmct and m'digger, I'm the first to realize I can get passionate, and poke someone for a reply, etc... Staff here has been "more than patient" with me at times :roll: . So when Harvey does the same thing back (albeit with some .. uh .... characterizations thrown in), I know I have to let it go.

Thank you for the read.. your opinion is noted.

Tom doesn't seem to agree with yours at this time.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showpost.php?p=2575740&postcount=30

Cfmct,

Believe you need to reread my post and yours. Tom and I may disagree on many things but Tom does not hurl personal insults as does Harv to debate his agenda. Harv's insults are not only directed at Tom.

This was stated: "...there have been too many instances of rather unfriendly and rude responses to members, some, downright insulting.This state of affairs must be stopped and the friendly environment of this forum restored." So, are you saying it doesn't mean what it says? Just tying to understand the forum rules so I know how to appropriately address the insults that have been past and presently hurled my direction.

Oh, and by the way...just because Tom is willing to laugh it off, doesn't mean others don't find Harv's personal insults toward Tom as offensive and demeaning to all. I'm pretty sure all reading this will know that I'm not one to ignore a bully who hurl's attacks, insults and innuendo's.

In case forum members are wondering why I bring this up publicly at this time, it is because it has not been appropriately addressed and the problem resolved outside of the public view. My apologies to BCD for addressing this long term problem here in his thread.

I anxiously await your public response.

Cfmct,

Believe you need to reread my post and yours. Tom and I may disagree on many things but Tom does not hurl personal insults as does Harv to debate his agenda. Harv's insults are not only directed at Tom.

This was stated: "...there have been too many instances of rather unfriendly and rude responses to members, some, downright insulting.This state of affairs must be stopped and the friendly environment of this forum restored." So, are you saying it doesn't mean what it says? Just tying to understand the forum rules so I know how to appropriately address the insults that have been past and presently hurled my direction.

Oh, and by the way...just because Tom is willing to laugh it off, doesn't mean others don't find Harv's personal insults toward Tom as offensive and demeaning to all. I'm pretty sure all reading this will know that I'm not one to ignore a bully who hurl's attacks, insults and innuendo's.

In case forum members are wondering why I bring this up publicly at this time, it is because it has not been appropriately addressed and the problem resolved outside of the public view. My apologies to BCD for addressing this long term problem here in his thread.

I anxiously await your public response.

A few things should be toned down but many of your reported posts that I have read I would not consider personal insults...a few words I will agree shouldn't have been said. We will take care of that in private.

We have a lot of patience concerning these type threads and we leave them open... we can easily shut them down after the members questions have been answered.

A few things should be toned down but many of your reported posts that I have read I would not consider personal insults...a few words I will agree shouldn't have been said. We will take care of that in private.

We have a lot of patience concerning these type threads and we leave them open... we can easily shut them down after the members questions have been answered.

Could you please provide your definition of the word INSULT. I don't choose to go back and list all of the insult's, innuendoes, and demeaning statements that have been used by harv in his 3,500 posts. I can remember his comment that I must use marijuana just because I live in Colorado and it's use for recreational purposes is now legal in Colorado.

Would you consider that a personal insult or not?

I appreciate that you will deal with this ongoing problem now - but in a non-public manner. I hope your solution will allow me to never again address the problem at hand again in a public manner.

BTW, I only brought this up because harv asked publicly that Tom's methods be dealt with publicly. You do recognize the irony of that request...I hope.

Well, since this thread is officially hijacked...

(Copy/pasted from above)
Originally Posted by mountain digger View post

Both Tom and mountain digger have been on the only two members on my ignore list, past couple of years now. The forum feature works great, with two exceptions... First, when another member quotes either of them (like above), it's not blocked. When either of them quote one of my posts, I get a notification, when I log in, which is simple enough to ignore. Both have been made aware of their ignore status, and both choose to ignore it, and continue to attempt to engage me in.

Mountain Digger has been informed, that shortening my name, offends me, he's not family, close friend, or really much of anything more than a nuisance to me, pretty much from his first few posts, which were kind of nasty, as he injected himself into a discussion I was have with Tom, about digging holes in the park. Usually, if he quoted one of my posts, the would be no reason to even type my name, much less the offensive, shortened version, once. But usually, he types the shorten version, 3-6 times, to hammer in that subtle insult. Guess he drew a short straw at birth, his way of try to even the playing field... He continually attempts to create a problem, for which he can report my response, and hopefully cause some sort of trouble. mountain digger's low post count, makes it easy to look through, and find, that his guilty of everything he's accusing me of, and more, will contributing little else to the threads he post these comments in. Hijacks a thread, just to take a cheap shot in my direction. Figures all childish nonsense, blame it on those Colorado Tobacco products. If you come in looking for trouble, you eventually find it. He would complain about problems or behavior so much, if got himself in check, mind to his own business. Tom has a good vocabulary, sharp mind, doesn't need help.

I think Tom's advice is bad for the hobby, gives the forum a shady image. Bother's me some to be associated with being sneaky, and ignore rules. No digging, means, NO DIGGING, even if doesn't specify metal detecting. WE certainly don't need rules to be that specific, why push things in that direction? When a park work tells you they don't allow metal detecting, no means no, not sneak back in after dark. Tom's agenda wouldn't stand up on his own blog or forum, as it's just shady. Most people wouldn't sign up, to be associated with unethical behavior. Those that share his tactics, wouldn't either, since the wouldn't want their nocturnal activities so obvious. Tom needs the cover of these forum's responsible, ethical, honest content, just sort of blend it in, gives it some credibility. If it was really so bad, it wouldn't be tolerated. It shouldn't be tolerated, but it's not my call, but I can voice my opinion, as needed, to proved some balance, and make it clear that I don't endorse it.

Well, since this thread is officially hijacked...

(Copy/pasted from above)
Originally Posted by mountain digger View post

Both Tom and mountain digger have been on the only two members on my ignore list, past couple of years now. The forum feature works great, with two exceptions... First, when another member quotes either of them (like above), it's not blocked. When either of them quote one of my posts, I get a notification, when I log in, which is simple enough to ignore. Both have been made aware of their ignore status, and both choose to ignore it, and continue to attempt to engage me in.

Mountain Digger has been informed, that shortening my name, offends me, he's not family, close friend, or really much of anything more than a nuisance to me, pretty much from his first few posts, which were kind of nasty, as he injected himself into a discussion I was have with Tom, about digging holes in the park. Usually, if he quoted one of my posts, the would be no reason to even type my name, much less the offensive, shortened version, once. But usually, he types the shorten version, 3-6 times, to hammer in that subtle insult. Guess he drew a short straw at birth, his way of try to even the playing field... He continually attempts to create a problem, for which he can report my response, and hopefully cause some sort of trouble. mountain digger's low post count, makes it easy to look through, and find, that his guilty of everything he's accusing me of, and more, will contributing little else to the threads he post these comments in. Hijacks a thread, just to take a cheap shot in my direction. Figures all childish nonsense, blame it on those Colorado Tobacco products. If you come in looking for trouble, you eventually find it. He would complain about problems or behavior so much, if got himself in check, mind to his own business. Tom has a good vocabulary, sharp mind, doesn't need help.

I think Tom's advice is bad for the hobby, gives the forum a shady image. Bother's me some to be associated with being sneaky, and ignore rules. No digging, means, NO DIGGING, even if doesn't specify metal detecting. WE certainly don't need rules to be that specific, why push things in that direction? When a park work tells you they don't allow metal detecting, no means no, not sneak back in after dark. Tom's agenda wouldn't stand up on his own blog or forum, as it's just shady. Most people wouldn't sign up, to be associated with unethical behavior. Those that share his tactics, wouldn't either, since the wouldn't want their nocturnal activities so obvious. Tom needs the cover of these forum's responsible, ethical, honest content, just sort of blend it in, gives it some credibility. If it was really so bad, it wouldn't be tolerated. It shouldn't be tolerated, but it's not my call, but I can voice my opinion, as needed, to proved some balance, and make it clear that I don't endorse it.

I'll withhold posting my response at this time but will reserve all rights to respond publicly pending Cfmct's consideration.

I think its time to close this thread... in the future if this bickering starts up again we will close these threads faster... I'm not getting into what was said in private with others..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom