Roadside easements?

.....Would I suggest this to anybody? OF COURSE NOT. .....

Scuba, your post is a breath of fresh air. And few of us would want a job like yours, dealing all the stress, bologna, sob stories, etc.... And it offers a very-inside look, when it comes to a niche like scuba with md'ing, actual laws, etc.... So thankyou for taking the time to post all that out.

I was only jesting in my earlier post. Because OF COURSE no one's down there to "see if you *touched* the bottom sand on *their* side of an imaginary line or not. But for pete's sake, as impossible and rare as it ever would be , for something you did (gasp, touched someone else's lake bottom), yet md'rs would still worry themselves silly , splitting hairs on where they can detect, blah blah

I know off some nice places like that in CT just over the MA line were I live, about 10 mins from my house. You wouldn't happen to be near woodstock or union, would you.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Lately while driving along these Ct roads I see such sweet looking areas 30-50' off the edge of the roads. Usualy what attracts me is a nice little creek or just a flat area backed by sheer rock face which just looks like it was once a horse n buggy road. I believe many of these roads were merely cart paths back in the day of coarse.
Some little areas id like to try a 15-20 off the road and no house or anything because of the creek and rock ridge line . There wouldn't be room for a building envelope.

Question is: How to find out where the easment are, how far in, whether state land or not and of coarse is it legal if not posted.

Just a mile away from me is a nice woodsy area that would give me months of hunting possibility but big white signs marked: State property NO Trespassing! Well what the flick! I hate that.

Here in Colorado, I've found the County Assessor's databases useful in determining exactly where the boundaries are. You can even search for a detailed GIS map. Hope this might help!

Relating to scuba detector and Michigan. My friend and I drove around a lake twice looking for fishing access. No marked public access. Flagged down a trooper. He says," If you are going to use the canoe, put it in at the bridge. That is state property." Had another lake connected to several others by canals. Big homeowners association sign with all their rules. Not a private lake, I'm not a member of their association. Not my rules. Sheriff said he's had to explain it to them before.

Back
Top Bottom