Question for people with several detectors

For the people suggesting a detector similar to what a person already has don't make any since. It makes more since to try something that is not near what they already have, that gives them a different option of being able to find things.

For the people suggesting a detector similar to what a person already has don't make any since. It makes more since to try something that is not near what they already have, that gives them a different option of being able to find things.

In this case I would say the F75+ or T2+...

A multi kruzer is a really good unit. I think it’s like 3 frequencies 5 14 and 19. I used one on a beach a while back. Wish I still had it

And that was my original thought

I realize that any detector can find what another could have missed. Many times it has to do with the person and not so much the machine. Sometimes it's condition of the soil at the time. Sometimes it IS the machine. I am not looking for something to get what the Nox can't get. I am not looking for something to hang on the wall just in case. I am looking for something else to learn and use so that I can have different choices and so I can explain to well as a loaner if need be. There is no doubt from what I have read that anyone that is proficient with an E-Trac could follow behind a Nox an find things. I am not going to debate that. I had my ideas before I started this thread, I was just interested in your opinions. I had three Machines in mind. They are

Simplex
Used. Etrac
Used Safari

With that said, I know the simplex is the least expensive but it seems to me other than the ID difference the Safari would be the easier of the bunch to teach someone else. Am I wrong?

As far as simplicity and ID goes, the Safari would be easier I guess. The only drawback as a loaner may be the weight, if it matters. Put a lithium battery(s) on your list to get if you go FBS. I have a RNB and it's already paid for itself.

I've had a Safari for a while, a couple Etracs, still have a Sovereign GT, an Xterra 705, and quite a number of beep-dig machines, and a Simplex. For your requirements, I would choose the Simplex over your other choices for a couple reasons.

It has 4 quick-select search modes, so you, or someone you loan the machine to, is detecting right away, instead of fiddling. It's light weight, especially compared to the others on your list, has automatic (and manual) ground balance, and completely waterproof (submerge to 10'), so no worries about getting caught in the rain, or having a machine for beaches and lakes.

Free downloadable factory updates, add features as they come out, and a couple coil choices. Built in vibrate, illuminated screen, coil spotlight for night time, wired and wireless headphone choices, and more that I'm sure I'm forgetting. The fact that it's less than half the price of the others, adds even more value. Oh, and don't let the price fool you. This is a high build quality, rugged, deep seeking machine.

I've had a Safari for a while, a couple Etracs, still have a Sovereign GT, an Xterra 705, and quite a number of beep-dig machines, and a Simplex. For your requirements, I would choose the Simplex over your other choices for a couple reasons.

It has 4 quick-select search modes, so you, or someone you loan the machine to, is detecting right away, instead of fiddling. It's light weight, especially compared to the others on your list, has automatic (and manual) ground balance, and completely waterproof (submerge to 10'), so no worries about getting caught in the rain, or having a machine for beaches and lakes.

Free downloadable factory updates, add features as they come out, and a couple coil choices. Built in vibrate, illuminated screen, coil spotlight for night time, wired and wireless headphone choices, and more that I'm sure I'm forgetting. The fact that it's less than half the price of the others, adds even more value. Oh, and don't let the price fool you. This is a high build quality, rugged, deep seeking machine.

The simplex is definitely intriguing. I heard somewhere about Nokta coming out with a multi frequency machine this year. If it's anywhere near the kind of deal that the Simplex is then THAT might be a solid choice if it falls within the price range.

I think everyone should get backup detectors. Why? Well because I know they would be for sale when they are tired of seeing them hanging in a closet waiting for the daily used detector to die a horrible death. Closet queens and good deals for people like me that like to test different detectors all the time lol. So yes buy 3 backup detectors please :). Kidding aside, never buy a lesser priced duplicate of what you have. But something opposite exactly as Greybeard said.

Back
Top Bottom