• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Life Saver.... well sort of

Numil

Elite Member
Hit the beach over the weekend to get away and see if anything is hiding in the surf. I was scanning this beach at the bottom of a cliff and after about 3 hours only had clad and junk to show for it. Part of that junk was 3 seperate keys, a house key, padlock key and a car key.

I was getting ready to head out when this lady, all in a panic, runs up to me and asks if I had found a car key. I respond "sure found 3 keys today". I pull them out to show her and she screams, "that's it! You saved my life!" She explained they had been at the beach for a couple hours before their flight back to the mainland. They hiked back up the hill and when they looked for the key it was no where to be found. That's when thye ran back down and we're hoping beyond hope to find the key.

Needless to say she handed me $20 and started back up the hill with no time to spare to catch teir plane out. While I didnt score any gold (haven't this year yet) it made me feel pretty good knowing I did something worthwhile.

Take care all and Happy Hunting

I remember finding a guy's only car key (with a chip) some years ago. He was very happy! I didn't get a $20. :roll: Nice job!

You may have not found gold but what you did sure was golden for her. I can only imagine the stress she was under..and you pulled the plug returning those keys..:kingdances:

Back
Top Bottom