• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

The Curse of Civil War Gold!

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
As seen on TEEVEE! Thats right! A whole boxcar load of Confederate Gold right here in Muskegon Michigan! So off we all went, Irons, Rat, Treasure Twosome, and the M'Pup! Not all together, separately, but we were all out today in the Big Water on the chase for Glory and Wild Rebel Riches!

Looks like I came in with the best haul and hunting in the best Location!...An ancient RR spike right out of Lake Michigan?! What more evidence do you need! We are all poor people running ancient hand me down AtPros tipped with inefficient NEL coils..I wear garbage can bags for waders.....Not a NOX in the bunch, or things woulda turned out different I'm sure!...

I also got a wheat penny, and also, earlier in the day, I found a penny, dime and a nickel in the Sams Club parking lot! ..

It was a really good day to be out....I am willing to sell some maps and do some guided hunts in case anybody is interested...Also, I make custom 'finds pouches' out of Lifejacket straps and re-purposed totlot lunchbags....:laughing:

Attachments

• rr spike.jpg
    rr spike.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 907
Last edited:
Grind that baby down Mud,and you have one of the best chisels out there.i have a ton of them I found at the railroad when I worked there trimming,best damn chisel I ever used.
Congrats on the coins,seems like you did pretty good imo.

Not a NOX in the whole group? TSK! TSK ! TSK ! BUT....A Railroad Spike in Michigan? Insert commercials here...................Did you guys find the spike all by yourselves or did you need to bring in the "Metal detecting EXPERT" from Australia for that one?

Grind that baby down Mud,and you have one of the best chisels out there.i have a ton of them I found at the railroad when I worked there trimming,best damn chisel I ever used.
Congrats on the coins,seems like you did pretty good imo.

What?!!! Are you crazy or sumpthin? Make a chisel out of a genuine Civil War RR spike? Next thing you know, you will be wanting me to melt down my Gettysburg 3 ringers for fishing sinkers! What do I need a chisel for anyway? Its not like I'm carving tombstones! I'll pop this 'One of a Kind Lake Michigan' beauty up on Ebay, along with the Civil War era pulltabs!....Nice try buddy, but I aint some stupid dope that needs a chisel, if I ever do, I just hammer away on a screwdriver...I watch Antiques Roadshow and everything...:laughing:

A railroad spike? Dang it man you're getting close to the boxcar now!
I knew I was in the wrong spot! Again. :(

Hey Mud, When you find the boxcar let me know. I will be happy to bring my gear, bring up the treasure and share it with you.

I bet you are getting close with that spike. However you need to find a few more.

Glad you could get out. Snow here today but didn't stick. I hate this global warming.

that spike is likely enough to convince marty to fund your next treasure hunt....get on the phone

I also got a wheat penny, and also, earlier in the day, I found a penny, dime and a nickel in the Sams Club parking lot! ..

It was a really good day to be out....I am willing to sell some maps and do some guided hunts in case anybody is interested...Also, I make custom 'finds pouches' out of Lifejacket straps and re-purposed totlot lunchbags....:laughing:

Bwhahahahahaha :lol: love it!

Hey Mud I want in on the guided tour. I guess the list is long and you are booked until 2021. Well put me down for The first two weeks od Jan. 2021. I'll send you a blank check and you can fill it out. Man I can't wait!!!

What an adventure Mud. Your living the dream or at least the possibility of a dream. You should put the Civil War Railroad Spike up for auction as it may help finance further attempts at recovering more artifacts of this historical endeavor. Really lover your post. Trapper

Still

Liked watching the show, however another story end, with no treasure, along with the previous show, glad to see you pirates are out, shoot some picks , want to see the pirate party- at the light house :yes::laughing: , happy hunting , Earl

Civil War Railroad spikes aint nothin to sneeze at Mud, hard to find and even harder to identify accurately.

To verify that it's indeed genuine all you have to do is hold it at eye level in your right hand and if the lip or bevel is on the left it's Confederate, if it's on the right then of course it's Yankee.

Should you have a Preference, Yankee or Rebel? simply rotate the spike in your hand 180 degrees and "VIOLA"...problem solved.

Please keep this to yourself, OK?? (Theres a lot of fake one's on Ebay) so be careful.

P.S. If the lip or bevel is pointing straight ahead or right at you?? Dead give away Mud, FAKE! FAKE! FAKE! for sure!!

Last edited:
Civil War Railroad spikes aint nothin to sneeze at Mud, hard to find and even harder to identify accurately.

To verify that it's indeed genuine all you have to do is hold it at eye level in your right hand and if the lip or bevel is on the left it's Confederate, if it's on the right then of course it's Yankee.

Should you have a Preference, Yankee or Rebel? simply rotate the spike in your hand 180 degrees and "VIOLA"...problem solved.

Please keep this to yourself, OK?? (Theres a lot of fake one's on Ebay) so be careful.

P.S. If the lip or bevel is pointing straight ahead or right at you?? Dead give away Mud, FAKE! FAKE! FAKE! for sure!!

OMG :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom