Confederate relics

Digger70pa

Forum Supporter
I got out Sunday & did some relic hunting. I stumbled onto a patch of Confederate relics. It was nice to get out & dig. HH

Attachments

• 16370128691340.jpg
    16370128691340.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 561
  • 16370128585030.jpg
    16370128585030.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 514
Those are excellent finds!
I am always curious if the round balls are part of a buck and ball load or if it belonged to troops still carrying smooth bore muskets.

by gosh if i were to stumble on that here in Atlanta, I would camp out overnight and get up at dawn and hunt some more.

Do you have trouble with modern metallic trash where you hunt relics?
It is terrible here where I hunt in urban Atlanta.

Oh, and yes a very nice bunch of bullets.

Those are excellent finds!
I am always curious if the round balls are part of a buck and ball load or if it belonged to troops still carrying smooth bore muskets.
Thanks. I'm sure there are buck shot in the area I was hunting. I wasn't digging low conductors yesterday. I found .58", .54" & .69" rounds. They were using everything available.

by gosh if i were to stumble on that here in Atlanta, I would camp out overnight and get up at dawn and hunt some more.

Do you have trouble with modern metallic trash where you hunt relics?
It is terrible here where I hunt in urban Atlanta.

Oh, and yes a very nice bunch of bullets.
Thanks.
I was once like that buddy. I'm getting old now. LOL Any place that has had humans living there will have trash. Most of the relics we hunt were trash to them. They threw stuff out. That's why we find it.

Looks like you found a great spot, digger, nice saves on those bullets!

Any relic with Confederate or Union attached to it is exciting. These bullets are excellent, great dig.

I used to live in Camp Hill Pa, Cumberland County good area and Carlisle as much of the Reb Army camped there during late June 1863 Gettysburg Campaign. I had good success near Hanover PA and dug a lot of good Reb buttons (VA coat), Block I coat, lot of NY buttons, Confederate Georgia Frame buckle and my first US Gold dollar. Tear Carlisle up with your detector!

Back
Top Bottom