4-day Treasure Coast hunt

DaviDs

Forum Supporter
For those wishing they could hunt the T-cost right now, we spent Thurs-Sun in Vero, Ft. Pierce, St. Lucie, and Jupiter...

Found some nice cuts on renourished beaches (news photos attached). Some areas had up to a 4-5' cut, but they were densely laiden with shreded aluminum. In case you are wondering why, this is a result of the machines that spread/renourish the beach sand. Anyhow, it was tough. You couldn't get a full swing without getting a promising signal. Depending on the size of the scrap, alum rang up as a steady number on the Nox as 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 12, 15, 19, or 21. I filled four plastic grocery bags of alum scrap, not incuding full cans.

In Jupiter, the water was rough! The waves repeatedly bashed my scoop into my legs. Within 10 minutes I got stung by a jelly and then witnessed a 3-4' shark jump out of the water after a fish. I was contemplating go back on land when the life guards started calling folks out of the water. They changed flags and posted on their chaulkboard there was a risk of man-o-war. Ho-hum.

Totals:
zero - gold
zero - silver
zero - shipwreck stuff
4 - bags of shredded alum pieces ranging from 1/16" to 3"
1 - bag of alum cans
1 - pair of red sunglasses
$4.75 - clad
????? - Sand "bar" (Delray Beach) picked up our tab! yay!!
????? - Duffy's Sports Bar in Stuart paid for our meal! yay x2!!!
(-158.00) - fuel
(-345.00) - meals
(-000.00) - comped hotel

Skunked but still better than living in the snow belt. :laughing:

Attachments

• tc1.jpg
    tc1.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 746
  • tc2.jpg
    tc2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 725
  • tc3.jpg
    tc3.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 731
  • TC4.jpg
    TC4.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 703
  • u1193722.jpg
    u1193722.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 710
  • Sandbar+Delray+Beach+11.jpg
    Sandbar+Delray+Beach+11.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 733
  • duffys.jpg
    duffys.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 726
Last edited:
Ya

5 weeks total , two years in May, one 18k ring, 0 shipwreck, if your a local & can jump wright on the beach after a storm, than you have a small chance at finding 1715 feet stuff , other than that Dave i herd the winter time with some erosion was best, your a little late bro., spring is a few day's away, Earl

Yeah it's tuff but thanks for coming down and cleaning the beach.

The next 2-3 days may be good, timing is everything.

I've been out at least 20 times last year down around the Jupiter and Juno area. One small gold ring but nothing to brag about. The condition are tough and the nearly everyday I've hunted I saw another hunter.

Yeah it's tuff but thanks for coming down and cleaning the beach. The next 2-3 days may be good, timing is everything.
Seems all we need is about 10-15 feet of sand removed and we'll be good. :laughing: :cool3:

I've been out at least 20 times last year down around the Jupiter and Juno area. One small gold ring but nothing to brag about. The condition are tough and the nearly everyday I've hunted I saw another hunter.
You said it! I'm often on the northern end of t-coast for work. I always see other detectorists out there....and not just some old fart with a BH. I see plenty of Excals, CTXs, and PIs grinding it out low and slow.

Yikes! Sorry it wasn't better. Everytime I hit I beach, I'm thinking, "Gonna find a Rolex... I just know it!"

Never found one...

I think that map is sent out with every tourist package request. :lol:
I can tell you all about the Can Slaw, our re-nourished beach is nothing but.

On the bright side Powerball is over 500 million:yes:

We have all been there. Sometimes the bikini watching is the best of it. And that is better than snow any day.

Well unless you are from Conn. and you make you make money pushing it around.

wondered about the sting from them, can anyone describe an encounter :shock::?:

Feels like you get slapped with a strip of barbed wire with broken bottles attached. I was lucky and didn't get nailed good. Put my cousin in the hospital. My friend who surfs still has a nasty scar. It's a type of sting that will make you poop in the water:lol:

Ya

I liked it down their, i have to admit, it's the hardest , longest , i have ever hunted on the treasure coast, without coming home with any 1715 fleet item's , went swimming with
The shark's, and never got bit , or stung, so even though returning 1 18k ring, with great memories , was worth the trip .

I think that map is sent out with every tourist package request. :lol:.
Ha, I know right!?! That map and a few other treasure maps have been circulating social media lately. Hopefully my post will create "awareness" about the reality of treasure hunting. :lol:

On the bright side Powerball is over 500 million:yes:
You said it !!!!

sorry to hear that davids maybe nextime you will have better luck:D
Always next time..:yes:

Back
Top Bottom