Omega 8000 vs AT Pro

iBuySilver

Forum Supporter
I found this post in the "Advice on Detector Purchase" But I already decided I'm going with the AT Pro..

I bumped the old thread for more info but no bites..LOL

SO I thought I would see if I could prompt a discussion on this topic...What do yall think "Omega 8000 vs AT Pro" ???? Water Proof not a factor.

Omega is an awesome machine. Hard to beat at the price if u don't factor water proofing. Only complaint with o8k is it is a noisy machine in any kind of EMI. Not sure how the at is in EMI.

Omega is an awesome machine. Hard to beat at the price if u don't factor water proofing. Only complaint with o8k is it is a noisy machine in any kind of EMI. Not sure how the at is in EMI.

the old post ya bumped basically confirms this response as well...thats one noisy machine!!

Both very capable detectors. I thought the 8000 a bit noisy for my taste. The AT Pro liked gold better but is front heavy with the stock coil. I put the 8x5 DD on my AT Pro and love the feel it has become my standard coil.

Do you think the 8 x 5 DD is a better coil?

Of course "better" is a matter of opinion, but for me it is. Now, the stock coil goes a bit deeper, but the 8 x 5 is amazing on depth for the size. I've pulled 8" coins out of our city park with it. Other than the CTX 3030, E-Trac and V3i, the AT Pro is the only other detector I can still pull deep old coins with in this park. And that is with the 8 x5 coil. I also have the 4.5 but I pretty much leave the 8 x 5 on for all my hunting.

go go at pro!!! so simple to use has a learning curve but in the end its way simple and worth with it with a pro pointer you can dig so many targets:lol:

Back
Top Bottom