Condensing Threads In Classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banemorth

Elite Member
Any chance we can get a rule going where a poster can only have one active selling and one active buying thread per classified forum? Not sure why people feel the need to list five different items individually.

Any chance we can get a rule going where a poster can only have one active selling and one active buying thread per classified forum? Not sure why people feel the need to list five different items individually.

:D I know what your talking about.... Just list everything you got at once!!

Maybe but fifteen threads by three people on the first page seems a bit much

So, you think the rule should be changed to one active thread at a time?

We've been getting a lot of complaints about members misusing the "privilege" of being able to sell something in the Classified/Subforums.

I think it would help if there was a limit to how many "ongoing" threads a member should be allowed at a time.

So, you think the rule should be changed to one active thread at a time?

We've been getting a lot of complaints about members misusing the "privilege" of being able to sell something in the Classified/Subforums.

I think it would help if there was a limit to how many "ongoing" threads a member should be allowed at a time.

Well I say they can only list a few at a time, but no more than 2.. If they list to many it pushes other sellers listing to the back. If you have something similar to sell list it under the same thread and just update it.

a lot of automotive forums very similar to this one have the "one classified post" rule - the mods do a great job of keeping everyone in line - that way it's fair for everybody

If you have something similar to sell list it under the same thread and just update it.

That's what the rule was originally, and nobody liked it, that's why it was changed to unlimited. But if unlimited is not working, we need to fix it.

We need to be able to show "fairness" between the members items for sale,, and stop bumping.

We need to avoid having to monitor how many threads each member is posting.

There seems to be a fine line between supporting the forum and using the forum to support themselves.

Really don't think it' appropriate to use the classifieds here for business purposes. It's one thing to put you surplus up, and give the members a chance at a sweet deal, occasionally, but something else when it's continual. There are plenty of other sites for selling stuff for profits, and the people doing this for a steady income should be taking it there.

It's a bummer that there has to be rules, and someone has to take time to monitor and correct people who take advantage. Hope there is a simple solution to all this, but doubt it. How would you know when a thread is no longer active, all items sold and shipped? If the deal doesn't complete, will be reactivated? Anyway to prevent a thread from becoming a store front?

Also noticed that a lot of the items lately, have little to do with metal detecting, not equipment, not things found, although usually made of metal. Would restricting it to mostly hobby related solve some of the problem?

Why not make it one thread per person per classified sub forum.

They can edit titles and first posts to reflect new items and bumps will occur at a natural pace with the addition of said new items.

It's a bummer that there has to be rules, and someone has to take time to monitor and correct people who take advantage. Hope there is a simple solution to all this, but doubt it. How would you know when a thread is no longer active, all items sold and shipped? If the deal doesn't complete, will be reactivated? Anyway to prevent a thread from becoming a store front?

Its up to the member who posts his ad to let us know in the thread what has been sold...

I say one or two active threads per person per classified forum. Perhaps one active thread per 'page one' per forum. I hate rules but if 'page one' is turning into a couple of folks storefront maybe it's time. Should be easy enough to lump your stuff together. It seems possible to shorthand everything you have in the title.

I agree, one or two ads at a time is fair enough. Also, it's one thing to sell surplus items, but to run a store on there is a bit much IMHO.:cool:

Sounds like a plan Rudy also there are some running a store like mentioned and there shoved to the top about everyday . Think if they are going to sell stuff everyday of the year and its the same items they are making or buying for resale they should just become a sponsor so they can post with the other sponsoring dealers that run everyday deals . Its not fair to our sponsors if they have to support the forum to sell there stuff and can't post down below and a couple other people are selling stuff everyday mostly at the top of the list and not paying sponsoring fee's . The way it is now even if they only got one thread posted its there all the time crowding out other people at the top of the classifieds and its never removed which isn't very fair.

Harold

im saveing all the change i get and doing scrapping just to raise the money to get a detector again....i went on the classifieds and after awhile gave up....reason is becuase it apears people need to figure out how they want to transact an item or items berfore posting...i saw 5 to 7 different posts from one person who could not seem to make up their mind...ie everything as a package deal...seperateing...ive decided to sell this and am now keeping this....$$$ firm...open to trades....im sorry if i am going on and on but thats rediculess...its confusing and clogs up the clasifides!!!

im saveing all the change i get and doing scrapping just to raise the money to get a detector again....i went on the classifieds and after awhile gave up....reason is becuase it apears people need to figure out how they want to transact an item or items berfore posting...i saw 5 to 7 different posts from one person who could not seem to make up their mind...ie everything as a package deal...seperateing...ive decided to sell this and am now keeping this....$$$ firm...open to trades....im sorry if i am going on and on but thats rediculess...its confusing and clogs up the clasifides!!!

I undersatnd, BUT if it is silver or gold depending if melt is up or down then the person has the right to change the price or decide not to sell it anymore due to losing money.

Maybe we should change from a forum based classified to a site-based one.

This would solve the problem of threads floating to the top.

The treasure quest forum has something like this, but it's an auction, however I'm sure a fixed-price one exists.

I sell a ton of stuff here, buy AND trade.

Why not charge everyone 1-3% for selling something? This is a low amount and would help the forum out too,

I know the "powers that be" don't want the classified section to grow, but as many members we have now, it would be a profitable option for the mods and admins.

Maybe 3 percent for items up to $500, 2 percent for items up to $1000, and 1% over $1,000

Just throwing some ideas out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom