• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Water shoes

Steve

Forum Supporter
Anyone have recommendation for water hunting shoes? Warm water, with the occasional sharp object in the scoop/sand.
Thanks

The Fin Boot by SoftScience. Best I have found in 35 years of water detecting.

Second choice is the DeepSee Scuba boots- many styles low cut or high top zip-up.

Hints: Wear a pair of medium weight sock while water detecting in the boots, this will keep any sand that gets into the boots will not irritate the foot.
Another: Wear an elbow protector (similar to CurAd) that I stretch over the area that the neoprene boot meets the calf skin. This also will keep sand out of the boots. This will not help with the SoftScience boot as they are made so the water flows freely throughout the boot, unlike the neoprene boots.

Attachments

• the-fin-boot-by-softscience-e43.jpg
    the-fin-boot-by-softscience-e43.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 410

Second choice is the DeepSee Scuba boots- many styles low cut or high top zip-up.

Hints: Wear a pair of medium weight sock while water detecting in the boots, this will keep any sand that gets into the boots will not irritate the foot.
Another: Wear an elbow protector (similar to CurAd) that I stretch over the area that the neoprene boot meets the calf skin. This also will keep sand out of the boots. This will not help with the SoftScience boot as they are made so the water flows freely throughout the boot, unlike the neoprene boots.
Will check them out. I have soft scuba boots that I wear socks and a plastic bag over my foot. Easy to get on and off. But this season I plan on spending most if not all my time in the water

Goodwill tennis shoes. The old style canvas Converse type shoes work best for me.
Here are the new & improved ones designed for metal detecting! :lol:

Attachments

• Converse.jpg
    Converse.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 342
I tried the diving booties and they would hurt my feet - plus after a while sand would get in under the material inside and create a bulge along my foot's arch. They're not for me. Crocs are still what I prefer.

Attachments

• funny-picture-jason-love-crocs.jpg
    funny-picture-jason-love-crocs.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 363
I tried the diving booties and they would hurt my feet - plus after a while sand would get in under the material inside and create a bulge along my foot's arch. They're not for me. Crocs are still what I prefer.

I've used these for years for wet sand, ankle deep. 1 pair a season or so... I have to wear socks to stretch them a bit or I get blisters on he top of my foot where the edges hit. I will likely also try them in the surf and see how they feel

Great advice!

If stingrays are in your area try to find some semi armored ones, i know a few pair of fishing boots are designed this way. Other wise you can up armor your boots with additional rubber where there is only neoprene.

Booties... we dont need those stinking booties! I either bare foot it or wear flip-flops or what we call here in Hawaii 'Wubba Slippahs"

Back
Top Bottom