A Scoop in the Ring! ( YOU READ THAT RIGHT!)

Chipk

Elite Member
At the beach today and prizes were few. However the Sand Shark read a target right at the waterline but I was having a problem getting the signal into the scoop. And of course the constant run of waves filled the hole as soon as I could pull the sand out. So I slightly altered the spot I was aiming at and suddenly there was no signal coming out of the sand and shells.

VICTORY!

I hauled my full scoop away from the water and dumped it on dry sand. I ran the Shark over the pile to locate my prize but there was no signal. I looked in the scoop thinking one of the magnets mounted inside had snagged a Bobby pin or a bottle cap but there was nothing. I went back to where the signal had been but nothing there either. I then swung my way back to the sand I had dumped, thinking it may have fallen out of the scoop but still nothing.

I was perplexed.

Then I noticed a sparkle at the lip of my scoop. There was a very thin ring with two sparklers but the band consisted of three loops ( probably a toe ring) and it had “captured the scoop” between two of the loops.

So instead of “a ring in the scoop” I had a “scoop in the ring”!

Probably won’t ever be able to say that again!

Attachments

• 91A869D9-B956-41BB-893B-DA534EF70BA4.jpg
    91A869D9-B956-41BB-893B-DA534EF70BA4.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 191
  • D30F5EBA-1D80-48AC-B01B-BB9C391EA52A.jpg
    D30F5EBA-1D80-48AC-B01B-BB9C391EA52A.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 190
It's good to be perplexed once in a while. Puts a "learn wrinkle" in your brain...especially when followed up with endorphins from a ring find!
Good post!

Back
Top Bottom