pryan67

Forum Supporter
I'm not 100% sure, but it's possible.

Attachments

• IMG_1108.jpg
    IMG_1108.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 173
Congrats, yep that's a bale seal.

WOOHOO!!! I found it in a fairly "new" park here in town...but the property used to be a part of a school where some guys names Orson Welles, Robert Wilson, and E.D. Hirsch used to go.

I have to figure out a date range for it. It was only 4 inches deep...it was getting late and I didn't want to dig too deeply, but I definitely want to go back there and set my sensitivity higher on the AT Pro.

Being so small, are we sure it isn’t a lockout seal from an electrical box? ..just wondering, I’m no expert on bag seals...

Hmmm....that's possible too...

I don't know much (read:anything) about bag seals...

This one has markings on it...V and W apparently in random places it looks like.

Being so small, are we sure it isn’t a lockout seal from an electrical box? ..just wondering, I’m no expert on bag seals...

Hmmm....that's possible too...

I don't know much (read:anything) about bag seals...

This one has markings on it...V and W apparently in random places it looks like.

I’m pretty sure it’s a bale/bag/boxcar seal. They’re often fairly small - dime sized or less. It’s not unusual to find them with some wire still threaded through them. Here’s a shot of mine that I’ve found this year:

Attachments

• 6FD1CEE0-62FE-4AC1-8E35-941164400771.jpg
    6FD1CEE0-62FE-4AC1-8E35-941164400771.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 107
I’m pretty sure it’s a bale/bag/boxcar seal. They’re often fairly small - dime sized or less. It’s not unusual to find them with some wire still threaded through them. Here’s a shot of mine that I’ve found this year:

thanks...I'm gonna call it a bale/bag seal for now at least :) It's a neat find no matter what...sure beats a pulltab.

Hopefully I can identify age/what it was from.

Back
Top Bottom